By jenA - 12/07/2012 02:40 - United States

Today, I got a sweet promotion at my job. Instead of being happy and celebrating with me, my boyfriend broke up with me because he is jealous that I'm more successful than he is. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 450
You deserved it 2 677

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that1guy1 13

Joke's on him. He lost a girlfriend and some financial support.

TheElderTROLLZ 15

OP: I just got an awesome promtion at my job! BF: **** YOU BITCH YOU'RE MORE SUCCESFUL THAN ME I'M LEAVING! OP: U mad, bro?

Comments

Well YDI for being a hard working successful woman. Couldn’t you just stay where you belong, in the kitchen? (In case you wonder, I am a girl who enjoys sarcasm :)). I know you must feel terrible, such a great thing happening to you and it is ruined by the loss of your boyfriend. But honestly, as many other people said before me, that is his loss, not yours. There are plenty of guys out there who are man enough not to feel threatened by their girlfriend’s success. Good luck.

Urpoppy 21

Yet another insecure and pathetic man. Be glad you lost him. Apparently you didn't lose much.

I do pretty well but my wife makes perhaps 30% more than I do. I can only see this as a good thing - if either one of us were to lose our jobs or become unable to work for whatever reason we have the security of knowing that our family would not fall apart financially. It also means that I know my wife doesn't only stay with me because I can pay the rent. OP - if your ex is so short-sighted and insecure that he can't see your career as being in his interest too then he doesn't deserve you. PS - congrat's on your promotion!

Didn't vote either way. There's no "better off without him" button. Good luck with your new job and better future boyfriend :)

Yeah, but it still sucks when you tell your boyfriend you got a promotion and his response is to dump you.

Maybe but at least you've found out sooner rather than later what an irrational, domineering, chauvinist idiot he is

BaconBob20 6

He wil be regretting it later when he can't pay his bills and realizes that he just lost a great girlfriend.

Honey, this isn't an FML for you. You dodged a mighty bullet when that dropkick left. Now go find a man who deserves you!!!

perdix 29

Looks like you are also due for a sweet promotion in the boyfriend department. You've become eligible to be with much more successful men and/or those who are secure in their manhood. I'm not sure what your ex's penis actually looked like, but figuratively speaking, he acts like he has a tiny one.

Firstly, I'd like to say 'grats' It's awesome you've gotten to *keep* your job, much less get a raise at your job in these hard times. It's clear that you need a nice guy that's stable, level headed, and is in a good job, but can also appreciate all you have in ALL ways, and not feel threatened by you, by either your current or potental! ..... Feel free to drop me a note now that you're free for lunch, is an adult enough boy that if you make more then I do I'm cool with you picking up the tab your share of the time :-p

Oh Bother. I caught my error, but couldn't fix it in time. Never comment before tea. Ah well.

God you're a stupid bitch! How dare you try to upstage him. You should have told him you were fired and now he's going to have to support you, and not to bitch when you spend his whole paycheck on summer clothes and then accidentally leave them on the train!