By jenA - 12/07/2012 02:40 - United States

Today, I got a sweet promotion at my job. Instead of being happy and celebrating with me, my boyfriend broke up with me because he is jealous that I'm more successful than he is. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 450
You deserved it 2 677

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that1guy1 13

Joke's on him. He lost a girlfriend and some financial support.

TheElderTROLLZ 15

OP: I just got an awesome promtion at my job! BF: **** YOU BITCH YOU'RE MORE SUCCESFUL THAN ME I'M LEAVING! OP: U mad, bro?

Comments

UpYoursLiar 1

Super stab in the dark, but I almost want to venture to guess that you're both kinda young. I know, I know. Maturity and age don't always go hand in hand. But, if you are young, then this is especially petty. I would sigh myself into a coma if you happened to be talking about a retail job promotion to 'team leader' or some crap, versus his minimum wage job heating up food at some mall buffet. On the flip, allow me to possibly provide an unpopular view of the opposing side. While I agree with most everyone that this is just petty and stupid, I still like to hypothesize. What if he went to college, got excellent grades, is struggling to find a better job, has paid his dues, and is working in a field where he's overworked and underpaid, like IT support or something, and is a victim more of circumstances than laziness? All while you got some sweet promotion for a job you're not qualified for, and all because of nepotism or cleavage? And let's also say that your ego then blew out of proportion, in direct contrast to the deficit of effort you put toward your promotion. He'd still be an idiot for dumping you, but in that god-forbid-we-actually-consider-the-possibility scenario we could at least sympathize with him a tad.

SrDerick 5

"So you broke up with your girlfriend because she was more successful than you. Guess what, now you're both single, AND SHE'S STILL MORE SUCCESSFUL THAN YOU!"

tweetertot 0

Your better off without him. Any guy would love a succesful women (any smart guy ;))

Someone like that in your life will only bring you down , you're better off without him,

Wow, what a child! Really how immature and, in a way, more sexist can you be?

Bigmoneyshotz 0

You deserve someone better anyway OP someone who would be supportive of you in all your endeavors no matter how much more money than them you make someone like me!

That's very immature. He should be happy for you... Hopefully you realize that you deserve someone who will support you in any condition :)