By jenA - 12/07/2012 02:40 - United States

Today, I got a sweet promotion at my job. Instead of being happy and celebrating with me, my boyfriend broke up with me because he is jealous that I'm more successful than he is. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 450
You deserved it 2 677

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that1guy1 13

Joke's on him. He lost a girlfriend and some financial support.

TheElderTROLLZ 15

OP: I just got an awesome promtion at my job! BF: **** YOU BITCH YOU'RE MORE SUCCESFUL THAN ME I'M LEAVING! OP: U mad, bro?

Comments

DollyDope 17

Eh you're probably better off without him then. And now you don't have to share your new financial gain with anyone !

If my girlfriend is successfull then i would be proud of her (Sorry if i spelled successfull wrong, im not a great speller)

unknown_user5566 26

Since you probably earned a raise, use it to torment him. Step 1- Purchase lingerie, and high heels to match. Skimpy and slutty will work best. Step 2- Purchase a long trenchcoat. Step 3- Show up at his doorstep and flash him the goods Step 4- Say the following in a nonchalant manner: "Just wanted to stop by and show you how well my promotion is treating me. The extra money has been great!" Step 5 (optional): Smack him in the head for being such an idiot. Good luck, OP. ;)

Mademoiselle_fml 34

Exactly my idea haha. What an idiot guy.

That sounds like an amazing idea..... Couldn't ask for better

RedPillSucks 31

You have commented this FML about 4 times now. You must be some she-ra feminist who gets off on stories like this. You suck, go male-bash somewhere else.

unknown_user5566 26

96- Since you didn't specify I am going to assume you're talking to me. If that's the case, I'm unsure how you jumped to that conclusion. Both of my actual comments have been playful/sarcastic, and I'm fairly sure my replies to other people have been as well.

Wow you had a very insecure boyfriend. :/

It's his loss. You don't need someone like that In your life. He'll only slow u down. U need someone who can challenge you and help you move forward and celebrate your success with you.

You got a major promotion and got rid of an idiot boyfriend who is so insecure that he can't handle a relationship with a successful woman. That sounds like a double win and not an FML.

I could use a sugar mama. Hit me up, I put out....

First, congratulations on the promotion!! It's wonderful when hard work pays off. I'm very sorry your boyfriend is so terribly insecure that he found it a better idea to bail than realize how awesome you are and celebrate with you. It stings now, I'm sure, but see this as a new beginning in more ways than one: a new position, a new pay rate *hopefully* and when the time is right, a new MAN!! Someone who will see you as a successful, driven woman and will RESPECT you for that!

Unbweavable 17

That's a sign that you need a better boyfriend. Maybe someone a bit more mature.