Oh dear

By Anonymous - 21/01/2011 06:38 - United States

Today, I hit a dead deer that had been left in the middle of the road. My car started to make a funny noise and smell, so I pulled over to check it, thinking I blew the tire on some antlers. The deer had got stuck in my front wheel, and I'd dragged it more than a mile. And it wasn't actually dead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 167
You deserved it 46 331

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FYL? **** the deer's life; that's a horrible and painful way to die.

Acousticpixie14 6

That poor animal! My goodness, I hope you put that deer out of it's misery. I hope it didn't scar you too badly, I'd be a wreck if that happened to me! I can't even drive by roadkill without shuddering, feeling nauseous, and getting goosebumps ]:

Comments

They aren't a murderer. The deer is still alive. The way I see it, dinner is on the house tonight!

not a murderer, just tortures innocent animals

FYL? **** the deer's life; that's a horrible and painful way to die.

I agree, however, you must be shocked too.

you totally deserve it. that's just sad poor deer.

zakkyzebra 11

I laughed at this FML. Then, I laughed some more.

the deer was dead ppl and would you felt that you ran something over that huge and yet op keep driving way to dumb ass

Nice to see the douche factor gets younger and more androgynous every day.

wow I totally agree with 2 lol yu deserve it OP but for the deer well FYL :(

Florence_ 0

Did it say once that he didn't stop? Maybe he did stop, and then continued on later without knowing that the deer had been stuck. Just a thought.

How would you stop and still not realise the deer was still there. Wouldn't you get out and have a look? And wouldn't you realise there is a deed stuck and being dragged when starting the car? No, the only way you might miss this tiny fact is if you hit a deer and just keep going regardless.

I_R_Genius 3

FYI, OP did stop to check to see if he had a blown tire.

Macromartyr 3

No one said this yet. it's a ******* deer! If it was "dead" and in the middle of the road, that doesn't exactly sneak up on you. YDI for being a bad driver, and YDI for not stopping. Yeeeeesh.

jessicarenee88 0

138- he stopped after driving for over a mile, and only stopped because he thought he blew a tire. poor deer, that was so negligent of op as a driver and a human being. how could u miss a dying deer in the road? ...and why would u keep going after hitting it? the responsible thing to do is stop immediately to check your car and call animal control to get the deer out of the road before some other dummy hits it.

wiggs5 0

the deer was NOT dead #86... congratulate yourself on making yourself look like a complete idiot. learn to read! and YDI or not stopping when you realized you ran something over.

snagglepaste 0

Not sure any normal person deserves that, but stopping or swerving would have been smart.

chogle 8

#169, that does not make OP a bad driver in any way. I've been in the same situation before, aside from dragging the deer for a mile, where there was a car coming on the other side of the road and no where to swerve to. In most situations, continuing to drive over the deer is the best decision.

Acousticpixie14 6

No, if you can't swerve, you brake until you can drive past the deer.

He thought it was dead. Why check in a deer if it's already dead. I understand that it wasn't, by he thought it was. But he still should have stopped to check on his car. FYL and YDI

sammmm17 0

he wrote that it wasn't actually dead genious.

EEEERRRRIIIICCC 4
YourEvilHero 12

he thought the deer was dead as he ran over it cuz it was in the road. you guys are idiots you shouldn't expect him to get out of his car on a road and pull the deer aside

you_failed 15

YOU SICK BASTARD!!! D:< F the deers life :(

113/Florence creeper? or exploding penis ? lol minecraft pic

That happened to me and my boyfriend when we were trying to go on a turn off from the highway. It was a Canadian Goose, and if you don't know this already, they have a lot of attitude and will break your ankles if you get close enough, essentially they can mess you up. Anyways, I saw it, said something and my boyfriend slowed down. He honked at it and we sat there for a while, and he honked again. The goose just sat and stared us down. My boyfriend decided to move really slowly toward it. After that, it did decide to move, but it took it's sweet time lol.

No, you can't always swerve to avoid an animal in the road, but how the **** does OP hit A ******* DEER and keep going!? They aren't exactly SMALL.

melanie177 1

Why didn't you stop when you first hit it?!

hobbsicle805 0

it's a ******* deer get over it you hippies!!

And that was after dragging the deer for a mile "FYI" dumbass

#267 ah yeah you do, it's called common decency

xxBFMVAAMIWxx 18

And be stopped or severely slowed on the road? Great way to ensure your car ends up ******

My question is why the **** he didn't immediately pull over when he first hit the deer, and waited for it to start smelling instead.

knibbsy 4

I hope you mean People Eating Tasty Animals.

why does someone always mention peta even though it makes no sense? to me it just seems like you lack originality.

PETA are a very bad organisation. They're all full of themselves, commit crimes, harm people.

RedPillSucks 31

It's PETA, not the Mafia or the Yakuza

if it wasn't dead, why did you write:'I hit a dead deer'?

To add to the shock-horror of the reveal that it is also alive and in agony.. I'm only guessin'.

OPs just trying to let us know that he thought it was dead and had been left in the middle of the road.

It's a narrative..at least the ops get the point of the fml that events unfold as you read it as though your discovering the awful truth along with the them.

TatumIshMeh 0

Asshole!! Why wouldnt you doge it or something??

Well, its not like OP is gonna say,"I hit an injured deer on the road and carried one driving on."

lol32360 0

i honestly started to cry after i read this. :'(

how? geckos don't have tear ducts do they?

I apologize it sounded good in my head but I'm apparently delirious from being sick.

#268 as distasteful as that was, that was hilarious

I was going to vote that. until I hit the last sentence

Acousticpixie14 6

That poor animal! My goodness, I hope you put that deer out of it's misery. I hope it didn't scar you too badly, I'd be a wreck if that happened to me! I can't even drive by roadkill without shuddering, feeling nauseous, and getting goosebumps ]:

Acousticpixie14 6

Although I HATE opossums and all forms of bird, they still make me cringe. I'm just a total softy when it comes to animals.

emodude44 0

Well your looking at a living thing that had its life dashed put of it by a speeding car. That dead cat could have been someones pet. I don't blame you. As for OP Thats just grusome. Poor OP for seeing that and poor deer.

you're a softy for animals except all forms of birds? thats a good majority haha

pepper3434 0

totally agree =( can feel the goosebumps popping out, just thinking bout being dragged a mile over any road...

HamsteronA 0
Acousticpixie14 6

#74... I know, but I've got this insane fear of birds. i was attacked about four too many times as a small child. Now like, if I go to the beach and a seagull lands near me, I have a full blown panic attack. It's ridiculous.

DomoCullen 0

me too I would of called PETA on op's ass if I'd witnessed that T_T

209- "WOULD OF" is not correct. That is one of the most annoying things ever. would've = would HAVE.

Omg my sister in law had a parrot just line that called gizmo and he loved weed. I loved him cuz he would sit on my shoulder and coo and give kisses ur pic makes me miss him

molly832 1

hope your a vegan then if you have a soft spot for animals like you say.

dudehaha 4

shame the poor deer! when you hit it why didn't you go and check even if was dead!!!

why would u run over a deer? even if it was "dead", anyone with a conscience wouldn't. you should be ashamed of yourself.

It said said OP deliberately hit it ^^

fiveonefiveoh 0

honestly tho.. how do u not get out of the way of a dead deer? when people hit deers, it's usually because it jumped out in front of them.. if it's lying there, the driver should have plenty of time to c it coming and drive around it.. would this driver also hit a log in the street?? just how bad of a driver is this OP??? and then to not realize it's being dragged for a MILE!! how do u go a mile without feeling the drag or hearing it??? the more I think about it.. the more I think, this must b fake.

fiveonefiveoh 0

honestly tho.. how do u not get out of the way of a dead deer? when people hit deers, it's usually because it jumped out in front of them.. if it's lying there, the driver should have plenty of time to c it coming and drive around it.. would this driver also hit a log in the street?? just how bad of a driver is this OP??? and then to not realize it's being dragged for a MILE!! how do u go a mile without feeling the drag or hearing it??? the more I think about it.. the more I think, this must b fake.

4mar2ley0 0

^^really? if a deers lying in the middle of the road, and you can't get around, your going to stop, drag the mutilated bloody mess to the side of the road because you have a conscience? no! ur doing it so you don't ruin ur vehicle, or ur getting somebody else to do it for you because ur to big of a bitch to do it urself

percawesome 0

141, have you ever hauled a deer off the road? do you know how heavy they are? I bet they weigh as much as the average person.

141, where did u come to the conclusion rednecks are bad people or deserve to be insulted, most of them dont have "lust" to kill, they shoot deer for food, and if not for the food, the sport, the excitement of stalking an animal is thrilling for most people. plus, rednecks make a very large amount of money from growing your families food, you have no knowledge about "rednecks" because you have probably never met one, think before you talk. oh and it's spelling errors with an s, plural, jeez go back to school

boatkicker 4

If you can't move it, or even if you just don't want to, you go around it, and you call whichever department handles dead-animal removal land let them know (or if you don't know what department handles it, you call the cops and they'll handle it)

brt3420 13

a full grown Muley buck can weight like 500 pounds

missnoel 0

The redneck comment, all other things aside, was highly unnecessary...just because you don't hunt because you don't want to hurt the "poor wittle aminals" doesn't mean only rednecks hunt. Way to go, you, for being knowlegable about what you're talking about. Jeez, go back to school.

are you drunk. or just retarded. The man is saying that your an idiot if you decided to drive into the animal just because it was in the way...

chogle 8

192, sorry you couldn't find a real date to Senior prom. Although I think it's obvious why that didn't happen.

You could go back to school and learn social studies. That would teach you that not only rednecks hunt. Happy?

cradle6 13

^^Umm really? Humans were scavengers? Yes, in the paleolithic time period of our species we did eat berries, but humans are natural predators. Think about our teeth. They are certainly much too sharp and strong if all we eat are supposed to eat is "berries." Remember: the phrase is hunter gatherer, not gatherer. About the fml, the op obviously didn't hit it on purpose. Who would slam their car purposely into a huge animal in the road. It may have been dark are the animal could have been on a curve.

chogle 8

Well, luckily enough my name isn't actually "chogle" or that insult might have lowered my self esteem. Believe it or not, not everyone uses their real name as a screen name. Furthermore, I'm not the least bit intimidated by your 12th grade English vocabulary that you use to feel a bit smarter. Sucks that you couldn't quite make it through college English enough to learn anything. And how dare you call Ian photo shopped?! That dude was a real cool moth. Stop being so naive, ****. Not all stoners are idiots. Hell, most of us could easily out-smart you.

Krest123 0

You forget that we were born with superior intelligence and thumbs...if you cant kill it with your bare hands you kill it with a stick and a rock, mans greatest gift is being able to adapt to any situation.

Krest123 0

Ok you start by trying to discredit me about finding weapons to use as aid in killing something that we normally couldn't, then you make a point that we can make traps and fishing rods....Good job.

Ayame, go eat some flowers you hippie c@#t.

So you hit a large animal, and just drove off without stopping to get out and check on the poor beast. Not even to move it off the road so other drivers didn't hit it. You're heartless, an idiot, AND inconsiderate. Way to go.

Can't let a ridiculous dying deer slow him down from being busy with his day.

knibbsy 4

If it was still alive, you can't simply drag it off the road; that can only happen when it's dead. Suppose you do check on the deer and find it is alive - there is nothing that can be done, as a deer lying in the road will likely be mortally wounded. About a year ago near my house, a car in front of me hit a deer so I pulled over to see if they were alright, and to check the deer. It was still alive but clearly suffering greatly, and the driver said he felt guilty and wanted to put it out of it's misery, so I grabbed my handgun from under my seat and ended it's suffering. We both agreed that's the most humane thing to do in that type of situation.

4mar2ley0 0

OP didn't hit the animal, he ran over why he thought to be a dead animal. big difference. responsibility falls on the shoulder of the original driver

"I grabbed my handgun from under my seat"?!! ******* hell. I didn't know they had deer in Kabul.

RedPillSucks 31

Lots of people in the US keep guns in their car. Especially hunting rifles. OP, you should drive around stuff next time, not run over them because you think its dead. Anything larger than a cat is going to do damage to your car, dead or not.

...because you just never know when you might pop down to the shops for some milk and see something that needs blowing away.

much of America isn't as urban as it looks on tv, many of us carry weapons for hunting, or for situations like this. I personally grew up in Alaska where it is very common to carry a shotgun in our vehicles. I knew several kids in high school even who kept their gun in their truck that parked everyday in the high school parking lot. Remember, guns don't kill people, people kill people.

you are a retard #118 - please stop breeding.

wait, how did OP not know he is pulling atleast a 150 pound animal?

knibbsy 4

Many states allow you to get a license to carry firearms, which enables you to carry a loaded gun in your car or on your body as long as it's concealed. Mine is for Pennsylvania, but due to something called a reciprocity agreement, my LTCF is valid in around 35 other states. You never know when you'll need to bust a cap, that's why it's worth every penny!

brt3420 13

big ******* deal it's a deer. ya it's inhumane to drag a deer down the highway but animals are killed daily and just because someone hunts it does not mean they are a ******* redneck. I hunt and I am completely civilized so don't stereotype type people who hunt.