By wetboy - 05/07/2009 10:07 - United Kingdom

Today, I found out why my girlfriend of 8 months has never agreed to stay the night before. Now I have a 4-month old mattress that needs replacing, and a 23-year-old bedwetter for a girlfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 456
You deserved it 8 890

Same thing different taste

Top comments

stringoffail 0

Meanwhile, somewhere else on FML. "Today I felt comfortable enough with my boyfriend to stay the night with him in spite of an embarrassing problem. I did it because he kept pressuring me. I wet his bed, and he was a real jerk about it. He even posted details about it on this site, as if I wouldn't bloody see it. FML"

That's a shame. She's probably really embarrassed about it all. Try to be understanding, if you can.

Comments

allysonrigby 4

Dude seriously, i would kill for an excuse to have a new mattress. This isn't a big deal in all honesty, and you could have handled this so much better instead of complaining about it. You could have showed her how much you love her despite that. But oh well, too late.

its called DDAVP. I used to have it. normally it goes away with age, but tell her to go to the doctor. they make pills that prevent it.

Way to be supportive, dude. She deserves better than you.

"Today, my boyfriend of 8-months told everyone on the Internet that I have an embarrassing medical problem that I can't control. He also cares more about his mattress than my dignity. FML" **** you man, you're an asshole.

BGarden 0

OP: Grow some balls and accept the fact that your girlfriend trusted in you to not make fun of her and to not make a big deal out of her medical problem! FYL!

you don't have to replace the thing. Flip it, it'll dry.

# 115 makes an excellent point. Some people can't control their sphincters while they sleep, or their brains won't send them the "wake up" message when they have to go at night. It is a health issue, and it isn't her fault. But yes, hence what #115 said, there are medications to take for that. I don't know if your girlfriend is on anything for it, but she should ask her doctor why it's not working if she is. Don't blame her for it, it's not her fault.

naja_12168 3

If this is real I feel really sorry for her. I hope you were understanding with her.

girlygirl666 0

How is this his fault?? She knew she had a bed-wetting problem. She should have worn a Depends or something, and tried to put something on the bed to protect it. She was the one being inconsiderate. I'd be pissed too! (pun intended)

ha-ha great pun. wtf is a depends? do you mean diaper? perhaps she thought that she was over the stage and thats why she chose not to wear a diaper which he obviously would have felt/seen

I agree. Although the OP is kind of a jerk for reacting the way he did, she should have told him and wore something to protect his mattress. If she was going to wet the bed anyways, wouldn't it be better for her to tell him instead of him to find out with a wet bed in the morning?