By Ouch - 12/08/2009 23:36 - United States

Spicy
Today, I found out that doctors can be wrong. Pink clothes, pink stroller, pink bottles, pink bibs, pink cribs and pink bedding to go with my baby that recently came out with a little pink penis. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 743
You deserved it 22 635

Same thing different taste

Top comments

valuemeal2 1

That happened to my mom, everyone thought I would be a boy but nope! Next time, decorate in yellow.

Well... you can save it for another time if you do happen to have a girl. :) Congrats! I love baby boys!!

Comments

Shouldn't you be celebrating the fact that you have a baby, not complaining that the sex was wrong so you're going to have to buy more stuff?

That sucks but you deserved it. There are zillions of ways to prepare for a baby and most of them are gender-neutral because people have only been playing the ultrasound guessing game for a couple of decades. Besides, most little girls don't even look good in pink. Lavender, mint, lemon - all much better colors.

YDI for being so sexist that you can't use pink stuff for a boy baby who doesn't even know cultural rules

It probably also has something to do with most of those girl clothes have flowers and butterflys and such on them. That is bad. Just like you wouldn't want to dress your little girl in outfits with trucks and cars on them. Plus saying someone is sexist just because they want to dress their girl in pink or their boy in blue is idiotic. Because that means there are a crap load of sexist people walking around. I'm not sexist but I would dress a girl in pink and a boy in blue.

abouttofly 12

"I'm not sexist, but flowers are for girls and cars are for boys." FAIL

No sweetie you need to look up the definition of sexist. The definition of sexist is discrimination based on gender, especially discrimination against women. I don't think making a girl wear pink outfits with flowers and making boys wear blue outfits with cars qualifies as discrimination.

There are only two methods that can accurately predict gender. One is amniocentesis and the other is birth. The ultrasound tech is just making a guess. It is actually very common to make mistakes.

"OH NOES HOWEVER WILL WE GET THE MANLYMAN WITH THESE PINKSHEETS?!?!?!" Like light blue is so much better, if the boy keeps wearing either ofthose colours he will look like a feminine pussy regardless, cheer up and maybe god will reward your son with colorblindness

slimy2 0

i hope it wasnt neon pink because thats not a good thing then O.O

hallietrue 0

I hope you are complaining about the mistake and not about having a son rather than a daughter. Be happy, baby boys are wonderful. If you were smart you wouldn't get EVERYTHING in pink.

@#153 "1. why not?" They weren't prejudiced towards anyone due to their sex, and they didn't buy it all in one color only because it was a girl. There's a 99% chance they would have gotten all blue stuff if they were told it was a boy. If the same thing would be done for both sexes how the **** is it sexist? It may be something like... I dunno... "culturally-accepted-gender-role-ist"? But people who try to say everything is ____ist are ******* idiots. This goes for people who shout racist, sexist, etc. "2. if they didn’t buy the stuff bc they thought the baby would like, they bought it bc they liked it, why don’t they like it anymore now?" No, they bought it because it's basically the only way to tell if a baby is a boy or a girl, and because it's the usual thing to do, and also because for many people it can be fun to pick out "cute little clothes" for their babies, especially new parents. They may have gone a bit overboard, though I don't think that the FML is clear whether or not EVERYthing is pink. They don't like it anymore because now they have a boy. Boys and girls are different, despite what stupid ******* "sexist!!" shouters might lead you to believe. It would be very strange to dress a baby boy in pink dresses, and most likely even members of OP's family would feel upset about it, and it could cause tension. Not to mention the endless embarrassing and awkward moments with strangers every time OP leaves the house with the baby. "3. it IS a YDI, not bc they believed the doctors, but bc they bought all that stuff in a very specific color wich they now feel isn’t suitable anymore, why?" Are you ******* serious? Dresses are suitable for baby girls, NOT for baby boys. Same goes for almost anything else pink. "4. if you think your life is f….d bc you have a baby boy and not a baby girl, you ARE ungrateful" The FML isn't about having a baby boy, it's about being told the wrong gender and then wasting a ton of money on stuff for a baby of that gender. Also, people need to realize that FML isn't about "omg my life is ruined forever /wrists" as much as it is "Wow, this situation kinda sucked for me, however it would be funny to people on the internet to read as a short anecdote" Seriously if someone's like is legitimately ruined why would the post it here? And who would want to read that? "Today, my parents died in a car accident. FML" "Today, my wife died during a miscarriage. FML" It's not entertaining.

ydi for not thinking that doctors are 100% correct about everything? also, your baby must have a really small one if they thought it was a girl so fhl