By Ouch - 12/08/2009 23:36 - United States

Spicy
Today, I found out that doctors can be wrong. Pink clothes, pink stroller, pink bottles, pink bibs, pink cribs and pink bedding to go with my baby that recently came out with a little pink penis. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 743
You deserved it 22 635

Same thing different taste

Top comments

valuemeal2 1

That happened to my mom, everyone thought I would be a boy but nope! Next time, decorate in yellow.

Well... you can save it for another time if you do happen to have a girl. :) Congrats! I love baby boys!!

Comments

I'm going with a YDI because they even tell you that ultrasounds are only 80% accurate and even if it came out a girl are you only planning on having the one kid? Maybe a few pink things but the stroller? crib? bedding? everything you can use again?

drs are not allowed to tell you the sex of a baby.. for this reason.. I would sue him if I were you.

MaximumRide 0

So what? Colors don't have genders. Its not like he'll change into a girl if he wears pink for once. For caring YDI

I don't know where your getting your info from but Dr.s are allowed to tell thet gender you idiot. My cousin was told the gender of both her children it was right both times. You just need to ask them to check more than once to make sure then buy neutural colors along with gender specific just in case. I don't know who told you that doctors are not allowed to tell you the gender but whoever that was is a liar and your an idiot for believing them.

katiekatastrophe 0

is everyone in the world forgetting that they most likely had a baby shower? they probably didn't buy all the pink stuff. and he's not ungrateful for his new son, the FML is that they have all pink stuff that they will probably not be able to use. I totally agree with #135

Jennydew 0

Congrats on your little boy!! I wouldn't, and didn't with my son, have gone all out on any color until the baby was born. My sister has somewhat the same situation. The doctors told her that she was having a boy at one ultrasound and then a month later, after she received some baby gifts and had done up the room, the doctor told her that she was having a girl. She wasn't upset or anything though. She just had to redo the room a little bit and exchange a few things.

deni_kaos 0

how difficult is it to return the stuff. really. more than likely your wife/girlfriend registered at one or two stores for a baby shower, so it would be fairly easy. you were probably going to have to do that anyway, because new baby clothes almost never fit. stop being baby.

YDI for shoving your unborn child into gender stereotypes before it's even born. People who only enforce the already huge division between the sexes for their own child worry me. Let your kid be a kid, simple as that. Pink doesn't equal girl, and blue doesn't equal boy. Just like some boys play with dolls when they're kids; what the hell are their parents worried about? The kid's just playing. Personally I played with boy toys and was best friends with a little boy when I was young. There's nothing wrong with blurring the line a little. Lighten up.

@102: not much cleared up. 1. why not? 2. if they didn’t buy the stuff bc they thought the baby would like, they bought it bc they liked it, why don’t they like it anymore now? 3. it IS a YDI, not bc they believed the doctors, but bc they bought all that stuff in a very specific color wich they now feel isn’t suitable anymore, why? 4. if you think your life is f….d bc you have a baby boy and not a baby girl, you ARE ungrateful

IT'S JUST A COLOR!!!!! THE KID COULD CARE LESS!!!!!! PLUS you have to dress your kid in something and if you like th color pink or the color blue you should be able to dress your child in those colors. It may have nothing to do with gender stereotypes maybe she just likes pink. Plus OMG who cares it's a baby why do people have to get all worked up saying putting them in pink forces them to be girly? My cousin was dressed in pink until she was 5 and she isn't a girly girl.

I know people will hate me for this, but it bothers me a lot. The way you are using the phrase implies that you mean to say, "couldn't* care less." Otherwise if he could care less, he would.

boatkicker 4

152, you're both right and wrong. As far as toys go, I don't think there should be a gender line. When I was little, I played with barbie dolls and slot cars. I had a friend Tommy and he and he also liked barbies and cars. However, as an INFANT you can't tell the difference between a boy anda girl unless you take off the diaper. For identification purposes, when you're in public its more logical to dress you little girl in pink and boy in blue. When they start walking and talking a little, then dress them in whatever color they like best, but up until that point, it just makes more sense.

Blueoceanz84 0

That's hardly a FYL; you just had a baby. Congrats!

Heh .. that's why i got Two ultrasounds with both of my kids .. one at 20 weeks .. and another one at 32 weeks .. : ) but yeah just save the pink for the next one .. Congrats