By Ouch - 12/08/2009 23:36 - United States

Spicy
Today, I found out that doctors can be wrong. Pink clothes, pink stroller, pink bottles, pink bibs, pink cribs and pink bedding to go with my baby that recently came out with a little pink penis. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 743
You deserved it 22 632

Same thing different taste

Top comments

valuemeal2 1

That happened to my mom, everyone thought I would be a boy but nope! Next time, decorate in yellow.

Well... you can save it for another time if you do happen to have a girl. :) Congrats! I love baby boys!!

Comments

So ******* what? You need to stop perpetuating gender stereotypes.

If you care so much, dye the clothes and paint the furniture.

kscott88 0

YDI. Who says that only girls can like pink - or that pink is the only color a girl can like? Learn to branch out. So go buy some clothes and whatnot in multiple colors - brown, blue, yellow, green, etc. What's wrong with that?

kscott88 0

Sure, the planning that went into it was wasted, and that does suck, but you're kind of stupid for not realizing that what most people are upset about is that the person is going with the extremely archaic view that girls = pink. Yes, they CAN do whatever they want. But should they?

For some reason I think yellow is more girlish and not neutral. I think white and green would look good and be pretty neutral.

They obviously took the wrong baby out of you. DEMAND they put it back!!! FML NEEDs a third button/option for these lame submissions!!

Hahaha that happened to me, the dr said she was 95% sure that I would be a boy, and I was born 100% girl. I had all blue stuff, it's not really a fml situation imo. Just a funny story to tell later on :]

loltreated 0

So many of you guys are moronic, it's embarrassing to the human race. I can't believe how many people yelled out "Sexist!" just because the OP picked out pink stuff for what he was told would be a baby girl. Maybe the OP loves to make his wife happy and let her get carried away with the color. Maybe he just thinks his little girl would have looked adorable in a pink bib while she's dribbling food down her chin. I mean, what the ****? The FML doesn't say, "Today, my wife gave birth to a baby boy. We expected a girl, and I have already arranged her marriage, set out her list of household chores, and picked out her future children's names because she will never be smart enough to choose her own husband, get a job, or name her children. FML." That would be sexist. Secondly, for the millionth time: the OP is NOT ungrateful for his child. Of course he's happy his child is alive and healthy! He didn't say that his son is a huge disappointment and now his life is completely and utterly ****** because he is not a she, and now he's going to be forced to treat this child unfairly and not love him. ?? He just thought it was going to be a girl. It doesn't mean he doesn't love his son any less. But I see that many of you are quick to jump to conclusions and assume the worst about people. I'm sorry that your lives have molded you in such a way. OP, congratulations. Don't let these people make you feel bad. I know that the only true FML of this is that you spent money and time preparing for a baby girl, not that you didn't have a baby girl.

Well this sucks, but I agree with the few sane people on here, you can't have a little boy wearing pink. Be thankful they grow so fast, you'll have to replace everything in no time;)

Amana_fml 0

Sorry honey, #94 is right, serves you right for buying all that pink crap... I feel your frustration but there's a lesson somewhere in there, hope you find it.