By strawberrypuff - 04/05/2009 23:39 - United States

Today, I found out nobody in my family wants to come to my college graduation. I spent 4 years and $60,000 to be the first person in my family to go to college, and nobody wants to see me graduate because the 4 hour ceremony is too long. FML
I agree, your life sucks 78 463
You deserved it 4 602

Same thing different taste

Top comments

brodizzle 0

You didn't spend 60k on the ceremony... you spent it on the education you got, and the diploma.

Guess you get a free ticket to not go to one of their weddings, funerals, etc...!

Comments

In all honesty, graduation is pointless. I pretty much went because my family insisted to it. In all honesty, sleep in, get drunk that night, and use the excuse to skip a major family get together. Everyone who is saying it is the degree that matters is correct. High School graduation is the important one, college, not so much.

angeleyesxx7 0

I feel for you. Halfway through my graduation ceremony I get a text message from my sister saying "okay you've walked so we can leave right?" Five years of sleepless nights, working my butt off and they wanna leave because they have a three hour drive and have to go to work the next day.

Mooshki 0

Dude, I didn't go to my own graduation because it was long and boring. Seriously, throw a party w/food and booze and forget the snoozefest!

I don't get why we're equating the CEREMONY with the actual ACCOMPLISHMENT. The ceremony means next to nothing. The accomplishment is all that matters. As long as your family is proud that you've successfully completed college, what does it matter that they didn't sit through 4 hours of boring speeches and people walking? I'd much prefer having a nice, cozy congratulatory dinner myself, which is what I'm suggesting to my family when my time comes.

this seems like a similar situation to mine. congrats!

"nobody in my family wants to come to my college graduation..." This doesn't mean that the family won't go to the graduation. Just means that the family doesn't want to go. But if your family isn't going...then this just sucks.

See what i do is just send those pictures to my email. That way only i can view it on my PASSWORD protected computer and PASSWORD protected email. duh.

Honey, I didn't even want to go to my OWN graduation ceremony. (and I didn't) The diploma is all that matters, 4 hours if a ****** up amount of time to present it.

ozymandias_fml 0

Don't let your family bum you out. Even though it is just community college, that is still more than they ever did.

birds_fml 7

I wouldn't even go to my own college graduation ceremony. It's stupid as hell. You spent 60k getting an education, not so you can show off. Personally, I couldn't sit for 4 hours and not even be able to eat!