By strawberrypuff - 04/05/2009 23:39 - United States

Today, I found out nobody in my family wants to come to my college graduation. I spent 4 years and $60,000 to be the first person in my family to go to college, and nobody wants to see me graduate because the 4 hour ceremony is too long. FML
I agree, your life sucks 78 457
You deserved it 4 600

Same thing different taste

Top comments

brodizzle 0

You didn't spend 60k on the ceremony... you spent it on the education you got, and the diploma.

Guess you get a free ticket to not go to one of their weddings, funerals, etc...!

Comments

#58: That's completely untrue, I'm a first-generation student and an ex-foster child, the closest I get to having my college paid for is about $80,000-$100,000 in loans after 5 years of busting my ass in hopes of getting a job that can pay for the aforementioned loans.

#9 is an idiot. What a horrible way to go through life, thinking that way. Congratulations, though, OP! :)

SamuraiDeli 0

$60,000 for college!? That's insanely cheap! Sign me up!

ineedabeer 0

I feel your pain! I'm the first to graduate in my family, and I have people coming, but there are many who didn't even consider it. I just had to say, "I'm the first person to graduate in my family, this day is all about me!" You deserve it!

slutsstud 0

wow.. man, that sucks. Feel sorry for you.

You are assigning way too much importance to the ceremony of graduation. It is hot, uncomfortable, boring, and long. Particularly yours. Mine was 2 hours on Sunday and I thought it dragged for forever. 4 hours is insane. You actual ACCOMPLISHMENT, a degree, is what is important, not walking across a stage and getting your name announced (some girl fell on her face on Sunday, I bet she was really glad her entire family was there to watch her fall down the stairs). Also wow 60k for college? That is a bargain.

i wish I could have skipped my graduation. YDI because no one cares. you got an education, hope that it was worth it.

Well, at least you won't have kids that are the product of incest like your brother and sister will!

Thats probably why they never graduated from college, to lazy to do anything, 4 hours is too long? how about working for 4 years.

It could be worse. I found out that I have to get to my fiance's college at 4 to sit until 7 just waiting for the ceremony to begin. Security will be aweful because the president of the u.s. Will be speaking there. And I get to spend the whole time with my future mother-in-law who hates me because I "took her daughter away".