By strawberrypuff - 04/05/2009 23:39 - United States

Today, I found out nobody in my family wants to come to my college graduation. I spent 4 years and $60,000 to be the first person in my family to go to college, and nobody wants to see me graduate because the 4 hour ceremony is too long. FML
I agree, your life sucks 78 463
You deserved it 4 602

Same thing different taste

Top comments

brodizzle 0

You didn't spend 60k on the ceremony... you spent it on the education you got, and the diploma.

Guess you get a free ticket to not go to one of their weddings, funerals, etc...!

Comments

jumpgurl23 0

No wonder no one in your family didnt go to college. they dont care.

Um excuse me but if you know how much work it is to graduate from college then you can deal with the 4 hours. I have sat through 3 of them because I love the people that graduated. Screw your family and enjoy the day. You earned it. I think that if you can study your butt off for 4 years and have many sleepless nights. They can sit through 4 hours. They sound like 5 year olds. Congrats on graduating! Now good luck getting a job!!!! Heck...go get your masters so they have to sit through that also!

ohsnapitsmoses 0

hey at least you got through 4 years spending only $60K. Besides, you're the first to go to college, which obviously means they didn't give a shit. Take your diploma and make a shit load of money and keep em out of your will

scorpioserpent 1

I don't see why people are saying 4 hours is too long. In college, most of my classes are 3 hours long and plenty boring and I go every day. If they care, they should suck it up and do it. It's probably the first and only time they will have to do it, right? Congrats though, and feel proud of yourself.

Four hours, just to see you look all smug about your degree? Maybe they all have *jobs*.

damn dude. fyf. well, congrats anyway

If this counts as a FYL, you must lead a pretty relaxed life. Quit whining. It isn't a big deal.