By wdavi022 - 05/01/2011 09:01

Today, I found out my identity was stolen. The person got credit cards in my name and didn't pay the bills, which has ruined my near perfect credit. The worst part about all of this is that I can't turn the person in. It's my mom, and sending her to jail wouldn't really work out for anyone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 471
You deserved it 5 446

Same thing different taste

Top comments

da_baddest_bitch 0

thats probably why she does what she does. If we didnt have consequences for breaking the law do you really think people would follow them as much as we do now?

Comments

and you were expecting the thief to pay the bills?

******* pussy turn in her ass! SHE FREAKING SCREWED YOU!!!

ilyrsp3162010 0

i actually have the SAME EXACT problem. my mom has been puttin things under my name since i was like 8. its not right. an i am goin to call the credit bereau an straighten things out, if this means gettin my mom in deep trouble, so be it. She pretty much ruined any chance i woulda had to get a credit card, an guess wat now I struggle. not her.

Of course it doesn't, but as he already specified, taking his own mum to court wouldn't help anyone, and especially not the already strained family relations.

So because she is his irresponsible selfish mother that apparently doesn't care about their "already strained" relationship, he should not hold her accountable?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Op you are an idiot. I don't give a big crap who it was. She committed a crime and needs to pay for it. you not turning her in is going to encourage her to do it again.

Well, it is good to know how many people in this world would turn in their own mum. Would you also sell your grandmother?

brennan677 0

at least confront her about it! and i would turn my mom in instantly. >:D ( she was a bitch)

so you're saying if your mom went in and raped err'body, snatched tinkles yo husbands and yo wife, you wouldn't turn her in? 

so you're saying if your mom went in and raped err'body, snatched yo kids yo husbands and yo wife, you wouldn't turn her in? 

xratedtaco 0

someone needs to spell correctly and not like a dipshits ^

sourgirl101 28

Turning your mom in wont make it any better. Now, you know you cant trust her. Sorry for you. As far as your credit goes.... dispute the credit report. They have 30 days to trace it back to "you" ( which they won't be able to do since it's not yours) or they have to drop the negative marks. You get two rounds to do this. Get your credit back! I have great credit myself, it's important to keep.(: Good luck!

spanelli 16

106- Correct your ******* grammar before you correct others. Also, you obviously do not get the joke.

rcarr18821 1

shut da *** up who cares if were spelling wrong here ur asking us to spell correctly on a website whos name is abreviated??

KevinTheDead 0

depends how much I'd get for my grandmother. It has nothing to do with love in this case, the mother is a prick who likes taking others money even her own children's for this matter. SEND HER ASS TO JAIL.

VampireKiller59 0

so, 66 if your mom committed murder, you wouldn't turn her in?

zeddeiram 0

it kind of helps other people understand your opinion. but nobody wants you hear yours, so kindly shut your noise hole.

But if they find out he knew his mom did it, it would be considered fraud becuz he covered for her which basically make him an accomplice to stealing money

kbadree 0

If your mom was to take ur credit cards and ruin your score you probobly won't do nothing. ******* mommas boy.

Lichinamo 33

152, Many people care about proper grammar and spelling, myself included.

da_baddest_bitch 0

thats probably why she does what she does. If we didnt have consequences for breaking the law do you really think people would follow them as much as we do now?

uhhm doesn't your bank have identity theft protection? at least your credit won't get ruined and you know the money is at least in the family :]

True. Bank of America offers that. it's call Premier Assist or something like that. whenever my credit has any activity going on or changes they call and email me and I can confirm it or deny it.

JustJaredfied 0
bladomas 2

turn in that bitch, you don't have to defend her!!! its her own fault, and by the way FYL

It's her mom. She raised her, turning her in would ruin the rest of her life, you are a ******* asshole. :)

Lichinamo 33

If say, my mother or brother did that to me, I would yell at them to pay me back or I would call the cops on them.

yeah that sucks, i was in a similar situation. my dad did the same thing to me to hide debt from my mom. we worked it out tho, and my credit is fine now. just confront her, cancel everything and set up credit report monitoring

You should really turn her in. She broke the law and you have to pay for that.