By oops - 19/08/2013 16:00 - United States - Omaha

Today, I forgot to shut off some pumps before closing the main valves that run to them. Several sirens soon started blaring at a deafening level. I'm new here and nobody else is around. I don't know how to shut the sirens off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 368
You deserved it 7 301

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just walk away. Walk away and dont come back

Don't be alarmed OP, just call your boss/manager and ask him how.

Comments

I thought sirens signified the approach of pyramid head. I would be running for dear life about now.

Glad to know OP doesn't work at a nuclear power plant!

There should be a company name to call and they should know...how to turn them off...

You're the best employee ever! Warning sirens blaring, job, factory etc at risk! Oh well... Lets write an FML!!! Maybe I can get help than after its moderated etc. What the hell OP...and the worst employee of the month sorry I mean ever goes too??? Surely there's an escalation too follow, don't you know your colleagues telephone numbers... So many options to pursue... You chose the best though as we are pleased to be reading this. Thanks for the read, and morale boost. Good luck though!

ptrep17 2

So one of your first action is to post on FML, nice. Good luck

Sirens decide tell the world how incompetent OP is... OP says "Don't worry, I got that covered" and posts an FML... Bravo!

so you just sit there and put it on fml?

flashback_fml 14

Making a fml post was probably the way to solve it

Start a small fire somewhere secluded. This will set off the sprinklers, then people are called in to reset various alarms etc...... Plead absolute innocence. Of course, before people call me an idiot for starting fires, I AM, of course, JOKING. Do NOT start any fires OP. (you could try blowing the electrics though....)

I'm gonna guess and say you already opened the valves, shut off the pump, and then closed the valves again. At which point I would suggest running away VERY fast