By oops - 19/08/2013 16:00 - United States - Omaha

Today, I forgot to shut off some pumps before closing the main valves that run to them. Several sirens soon started blaring at a deafening level. I'm new here and nobody else is around. I don't know how to shut the sirens off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 368
You deserved it 7 301

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just walk away. Walk away and dont come back

Don't be alarmed OP, just call your boss/manager and ask him how.

Comments

Well if you don't have any idea what to do, might as well take that time to post an FML about it. I hope you can get it figured out soon OP. Kind of dumb for your employer to leave you there alone if you're new and don't know how to shut the pumps off.

strawberrywine22 30

I don't understand why everyone always assumes that people post these immediately. You have to start it with the word "today" but for all we know it could have happened five years ago! Edit: sorry, I replied to the wrong comment :(

sammyjanette 17

I'd be more worried about the problem that the deafening sirens are alerting you to rather than just the sound itself...

Read it again, apologize for misreading, then go about your usual day.

sammyjanette 17

Instead of giving condescending advice... why don't you take this advice I'm about to lay out for you? Being kind costs nothing, however being a rude asshole makes people dislike you. Also, pointing out something you think someone has wrong doesn't make you better in any way. :)

WompWompWomp123 7

Walk away, and as soon as you see some people gathering, walk over with a surprised look on your face. Afterwards, you can ask someone what to do if you were ever in that situation...you know, since you're new.

You probably won't get in trouble if you let your boss know. :)

Why are you alone when you're new and clearly don't know what you're doing??? (yet--no offense) Sounds like you got some shitty supervisors!

And u decide to write a FML about it, good choice

RedPillSucks 31

Well, since he doesn't know how to turn the alarms off...

perdix 29

Open the main valves. You probably caused the pumps to run dry, thus ruining them. And pumps like this cost more than you. Get your resume ready.

Don't forget to vent them off. Cavitation is not your friend.

flyersfan345 5
olpally 32

Call someone? Or walk out. Good luck.

A good boss would of given you enough training to solve any issues.

Would of is not a thing. I think you mean would have.

olpally 32