By Anonymous - 15/06/2010 19:31 - United States

Today, I finally weighed myself after going on a strict diet of only fruits, vegetables, and coffee. I gained weight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 177
You deserved it 22 458

Same thing different taste

Top comments

try this little thing called exercise. you can't just eat right unless you have a high metabolism. so ydi.

meliz37 1

how much sugar did u put in that coffee....?

Comments

it's the coffee, lay off it and you will be fine.

Uhhh, starvation mode? Apple pies and fritters don't count as fruits either.

am i the only one who remembers this being posted a long time ago?

Why do you people always suggest replacing all drinks with water? I know it's good for you and has nothing in it -- but jeeze! Water is just so damn boring. What's so wrong with coffee anyway? My cup of coffee usually only has like 30 calories in it, from the creamer. Coffee itself doesn't have calories, and the sweetener I use doesn't either. As long as your cup of coffee isn't like half creamer/sugar, half coffeee, then I figure you're good. I still want someone to find me a healthy substitute for a carbonated cola beverage. I know you can take carbonated water and put fruit juice in it, but that's substituting your fruity flavored sodas. I want a substitute for COLA. That tastes like cola. I'll stop drinking it when someone finds me that. But OP: Balance out your diet more. Fruits and veggies aren't bad for you, but you need the rest of the stuff too. Stick with whole grain/wheat, thinly cut bread products, fat free/reduced fat dairy products, and lean meat. You can even use dips and sauces -- just don't saturate your food in them! Measure out serving sizes and only eat that much. Often times with me, I'll measure out the 2tbsp serving of dip and find that I really only need about half of that. And exercise, too -- lord help you find something you actually like to do, because that's the only thing that gets me w/ the whole weight loss thing. I get bored w/ it way too easily!

Or you could just stop drinking any soda and start drinking water instead (and milk) until you find that replacement... Seriously, it's not that hard.

I actually don't drink that much soda, and what I do drink is diet. I don't like the way the sugar in regular soda makes my mouth/teeth feel. But, seriously...water and milk are just plain BORING. I know it's not hard, but I want to drink something that's not so bland. I know there's also tea, which I drink, but that doesn't fix the carbonation issue. I'm glad you people out there can just live off of bland, boring, and flavorless food because I cannot.

Spacerockerr37, can I have your hair please?

Ydi for having a face to eat stuff with.

ydi that's not a good way to lose weight....just eat healthier, eat less and excercise and you'll be in good shape

pureecstasy 5

pouring sugar on the fruit and veggies doesn't help :D

perdix 29

Carrot cake, Froot Loops, candy corn and caramel apples don't count.

Why the **** do people think they can lose weight just by dieting??? There's absolutely no point in doing diet alone. It's just a waste of time. Dieting is where it starts, but you also have to exercise and by exercise I don't mean walking on the treadmill at 3 mph for 1 hour.... That's absolutely retarded. You gotta do cardiovascular stuff like running, do light weights, jumprope, swim, or anything that makes you feel exhausted. You can't just do exercise either. You have to do both. Trust me, I lost 30 pounds in 2 months to get in shape for wrestling

Burgessnk 0

You can loose weight going 3 mph on a treadmill, If that is where you are in your training. Once your heart rate gets above a certain level ( around 120 bpm for adults I think. I know it varies with age) you move into the cardiovascular fitness zone rather than the weight loss zone. When you continue exercising over the weeks your body adjusts, then you have to work harder to get your heartrate to the same level. So week one might be 3mph, week two might be 4mph. if you are already super fit and trying to loose weight, that's when you have to work harder.

No it's not that. I know people have to work at their level, but it's when people give up way too easily or do absolutely nothing close to a workout and say they worked out. It really bugs me when during the time they half-assed the workout, they could've actually done some rigorous work