Muscle mass?

By Anonymous - 22/03/2024 13:00 - United Kingdom

Today, after drastically changing my diet, going to the gym regularly, avoiding excess sugar and carbs, upping my protein, I’m still as fat as ever. In fact I weighed myself this morning, and I’ve gained 12lbs in 2 weeks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 422
You deserved it 128

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You can gain weight and still trim out. Muscle is denser than fat. your goal should be to be healthy, not rail thin.

I agree with the moderator: You're building muscle, which weighs more than fat. If you're still concerned, seek advice from a nutritionist and a trainer, or at least start a discussion with your GP.

Comments

You can gain weight and still trim out. Muscle is denser than fat. your goal should be to be healthy, not rail thin.

I agree with the moderator: You're building muscle, which weighs more than fat. If you're still concerned, seek advice from a nutritionist and a trainer, or at least start a discussion with your GP.

You are burning the fat and gaining muscle at the same time, but remember that muscle is dense and weights more then fat. Don't get discouraged about your weight.

MxCrix3333 10

Hi! Two weeks is pretty short! I wouldn't worry too too much at this time. It may be water from extra water intake, or muscle, and is most likely both. If you continue to experience changes at this rather fast rate, you may want to check in with a doctor.

>>upping my protein You know that you need to replace calories from other sources (fat, carbs, etc) with protein calories, not add protein on top, right? As otherwise, I can't explain 12 lbs in 2 weeks (and no, it's not muscle mass) Change in weight = Energy in minus energy out. You cannot NOT lose weight if the latter consistency exceed the former. In any way, I would recommend measuring yourself (arms, legs, waist, etc) in addition to just weighting yourself. I bet there are some changes there!

d j mom 3

remember muscle weighs more than fat. I told my coworker I wanted to lose 30 pounds and he looked at me like I was on crack. I really just need to just tone a bit... and maybe 15 lbs..

MreyinBC 5

why up your protein? the myth of needing tons of protein isn't helping your weight loss. I have lost 100lb eating around 60 grams of protein per day. I use a food tracker and weigh my food. and carbs are needed, just make sure they are veggie and fruit, not processed breads etc. good luck and stick with it. when you start to exercise your muscles will swell and retain fluid. keep going and it will all come together. you will do great, be kind to yourself and have patience.