By keisha89 - 22/06/2010 00:27 - United States

Today, I finally met the guy I've been talking to online for a year. I'd dropped 10lbs off my weight. He'd shaved 20 years off his age. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 893
You deserved it 38 944

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dudeitsdanny 9

I'm a 23 year old straight male model. I also act on the side and am working on the cure for cancer. Hit me up, I'm also available.

FYLDeep 25

Comments

Well, since she met him, she had lost 10 pounds. Ergo, it seems like he lost 20 years, making him younger than she expected. Maybe? Ah, **** it, I give up.

Beth52594 0

No no When she described herself she shaved off 10 pounds and when he described himself he shaved off 20 years. So... he's old. xD

39, you just wanted to use ergo on a sentence. lol

It's much more likely that she lied about being thinner than she is, rather than telling him her real weight before dropping 10lbs. Thus, we can assume that he is, in fact, 20 years older than he'd claimed. Why is this so difficult to understand?!

It's true, 39. The opportunity rarely comes up. I saw a chance and I took it. Besides, ergo is easier to type than therefore. Good point 119. I stand corrected.

he may have lied about his age BUT atleast you lost 10 pounds :D

Sorry, other way around. In describing herself, OP said she was ten pounds lighter than her actual weight. The guy said he was twenty years younger than he was. Yummy.

Beth52594 0

it means the guy wa younger than he said he was. rofl that's actually kinda funny. shows you can't always trust people online. reminds me of what happened in my fav movie, must love dogs.

BrownSugar_fml 5

Older men are Hot! Hahahaha Online dating, ydi.

Um you went an entire year on just a picture? Cyber Safety 101: there's nothing wrong with online dating but you need to at least be sure you're talking to the person you think you are. YDI.

lilgus13 0

you guys are all stupid if you think it's bad to online date. I met someone online and I'm now happily engaged to him.

According to what? You're not basing that off any statistics, you're just assuming it to be so. I met my fiancee online who I've been with for over 2 1/2 years, and I actually know SEVERAL couples who also met online and are either married or are still in strong relationships depending on how recently they met. Online dating is not a bad thing in and of itself. It's just idiot people like this who give it a bad name. As long as you're smart about it it'll work out just fine. Like in this story, obviously she never saw any pictures, never did web cams, etc. If you're smart you'll insist on these things. Pictures can be faked sure, but web cams can't. When I wanted to start doing web cams with my now fiancee despite the fact that she really doesn't have much money, she couldn't wait. If she had stubbornly refused that would have been a red flag right there. Now nothing beforehand like the pictures and various phone calls we had lead me to think she were anyone but who she said, but that would have made me wonder right away. Once we got to meet in person we had already developed a pretty strong relationship and knew each other very well. Sure when in person we got to see a few little personality traits we didn't notice so much online, but nothing felt very surprising or odd. We kept visiting each other every few months, and now we are engaged and couldn't be happier, except if we were married. I did also meet someone else in person that I originally met online but who coincidentally lives just in the next town, and she was also exactly who she said. That wasn't a relationship though I should add just to avoid confusion, she's just a friend. The only people who can't make online relationships work are people who lack the intelligence. Sorry, but it's true. If you don't know to be careful it's your fault. Like the OP. Obviously she was trying to hide things too, so neither of them had probably even shown each other pictures, and that's so stupid. The OP deserves it, but people who think online relationships in and of themselves are bad are just ignorant, because they only hear about these stories and miss the obvious fact that this particular couple was idiotic in how they went about the whole thing. As long as you're paying attention it's VERY easy to figure out when someone is being phony when you talk to them constantly through phone, webcam, etc. Before I ever tried starting a relationship online I thought the whole thing was idiotic too, but once I actually got into it myself I realized how it can work for anyone who actually takes the relationship serious and is smart to watch for some obvious warnings.

unicornscankill 0

I just ran into a wall of text.

lol sorry I just get really annoyed when people speak of which they do not know. Obviously, lol.

no no .. i think he was 20 years older .. if u see the number next to her name it says 89 . so she's still young if she was born on 89 . maybe she meants shaved off on the pics or cam

Just a guess but I bet he padded his income a bit also.

I love the fact that everyone is bashing online dating, and that everyone online are liars. but it is no better meeting someone at a club, or meeting else where. They could also be lying to you!! I reckon some of you, displaying a picture on here, either as a hot girl or a hot guy a probably lying about who they are. And they are probably bashing online dating.