By Anonymous - 31/01/2014 16:36 - United Kingdom

Today, I finally finished making my daughter's wedding cake. When I checked on it later, I found a large slice had been cut out. I soon found out that my husband had instagrammed himself eating it, with the caption "#guiltypleasures". FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 948
You deserved it 4 542

Same thing different taste

Top comments

your husband is an asshole, he owes your daughter a new wedding cake

larrena2377 26

Since he already ruined it, you should smear the whole thing on his face and say "Sorry, guilty pleasure! "

Comments

your husband is an asshole, he owes your daughter a new wedding cake

nightowl713 25

Asshole indeed! Depending on how you made the cake, it may be possible to just bake another and cut a piece the size he took out replace and re-ice that area. Not sure if that would be easier than starting over, if it's too much hassle I'd have him buy a new one and spare no expense.

Bake another cake (just to smear in his face.... Sorry op, but this is funny. Maybe cover the missing space with a filler and icing. Many ways to do that. Fondant would work.

cryssycakesx3 22

if it has multiple tiers maybe just that tier can be remade.

I think asshole may be too mild here. Ruining your wife's efforts for your own daughter's wedding is a whole new level of bastardry.

He might be an asshole but I imagine the picture with that caption looked hilarious!

It might be hilarious but he still let all that effort go to waste in preparation for a big day. Not to mention his daughter's.

it didn't go to waste, it went to his stomach...

@65, hopefully the dick didn't eat the bottom tier.

Divorce that #douchebag seriously though I hate instagramers

well if he lies to you about it, you'll have proof against him

larrena2377 26

Since he already ruined it, you should smear the whole thing on his face and say "Sorry, guilty pleasure! "

\ 28

Or make him bake a new cake, take a photo of it, and post it on Instagram tagged with "#justdesserts."

Or say he may as well have another piece, which is laced with laxatives. Or rat poison.

Or instead of wasting cake and doing things that may potentially imprison her, OP could put fondant on the sides of where he cut the piece from to make it look intentional and then have little figurines of the bride and groom or put their names in the little triangular space. PS Still think OP should kick his ass, though.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Wow, you're a dumbass. He ruined the daughter's WEDDING cake. I feel bad for whoever ends up with your stupid ass as a spouse.

He sounds like an immature asshole. When she says "finally" I'm guessing it took a lot of time and he just couldn't wait until the wedding to eat it.

No need to get mad at him... your daughter has that covered!

husband- #wifejustfoundout #footupmyass wife- #needsnewshoe

I read the last part as "Shnoo Shnoo!". Hashtags suck.

Or maybe you just have issues reading... either one of those is a viable option.