By ang3l4 - 21/09/2016 05:28 - United States - Redding

Today, I discovered that my state is passing a bill regulating cow "emissions". Basically, we need to regulate cow farts. I live in a farming town. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 521
You deserved it 1 234

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The first person to come up with an air purifying butt plug is going to make millions.

I wouldn't worry OP, it's not like anyone can tell if your cows are "exceeding the limit" and then fine you or haul you off to jail.

Comments

crazy_bananas 31

I was going to laugh and say what hick state thought that up, then I remember that my state thought it up.

Hicks have more sense than that. Sure, a lot of them suffer from some backward thinking, but they fart and hang around livestock enough to know that you can't fight the cow fart.

Looks at location ... I am not surprised... what isn't regulated in CA?

Stupidity is unregulated and runs rampant in the political arena. Politicians are the only people in the world whom have learned to defecate from both ends.

Meh I see why they are trying to do that, considering cows are creating more toxins than our motor vehicles as far as the ozone is concerned. It's got to do with their four stomachs. We'd swap back to bison simply because it's a better meat and less polluting, but they need massive spaces to roam compared to cows making it difficult for large scale production. I see where it's coming from but it's an effort in futility so FYL boss, if we had a better alternative than it would be easier just to mass kill the cows and have a nation wide feast while we reintegrate the new herd animal.

Cows do not have four stomachs, but rather the stomach has four sections that perform various functions of digestion.

Is this the same state that's been trying to regulate BBQ grill since at least 2009? Don't worry it's only cows right now, it could've been human emissions. Next will be you have to bottle it just the milk.

And we thought it was silly when North Korea banned sarcasm. Oh, California.

Mathalamus 24

Not surprised, cow emissions have been known for years. It's just difficult to manage.

Rachilla66 8

"Cow farts" are the single biggest pollutant of the atmosphere. They are more polluting than all methods of transportation on the planet combined, including cars, planes, trains and boats.

The single largest greenhouse gas emitter is a politician's mouth.