By Anonymous - 16/12/2013 07:55

Spicy
Today, I realized how bad my depression has gotten when I caught myself fantasizing about suicide while having sex with my husband. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 991
You deserved it 7 408

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dom_Olivares 12

Talk it out with your husband or someone else!

Eliseopwns 22

We all have problems. At least you know and acknowledge yours.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
friedpwnadge 25

That must really kill your sex life.

TheDrifter 23
thejewishfuhrer 17

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
XTheDesertSongX 17

Prozac isn't the answer to everything. I was on Prozac and it made me more suicidal. Most depression medicines have side effects of making whoever takes it MORE depressed. It just doesn't effect everybody. Be a little less of a smartass next time.

Glman6789 5

haaaaa prozac is the answer for everything

incoherentrmblr 21

Actually, Vicodin is the answer...

I was totally being sarcastic about the Prozac, I was on it for years and it made my depression turn into aggression. I tried cymbalta And I felt great! Except no sex drive period, so I stopped taking it. Been handling it on my own without meds for a few years and dealt really well with it, but different things work for different people.

Same here - Prozac nearly killed me, Zoloft saved my life. We're all going to react uniquely to drugs but don't class them all as useless.

I think it varies on each person for anti-depresants. I've been on zoloft..oh man that stuff made my life hell while prozac has made my life a ton better. Though op..I would go see a counselor if you are having those thoughts. I do hope you get some help and feel better!

I agree. Prozac made things worse for me too and so I'm on Lexapro now. And it's working a lot better. Not all meds work for everyone.

Lexa pro would be a better option than Prozac.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
hunts19ketchup 23

#112, Cymbalta may make someone depressed, while it may save someones life. Every antidepressant, whether it be Prozac, Effexor, Zoloft, whatever affects people differently. When I was younger I took Zoloft and it made me suicidal. I then switched to Lexapro and it changed my life. I started eating again, had more energy, blah blah blah. Suicidal thoughts can be a side effect of some of these medicines. That doesn't mean that another one wouldn't have worked for your teacher's friend's son (Pastor's brother's dentist...heh). And that one instance doesn't mean that all of these meds are bad for everyone. Antidepressants save a lot of people.

I also struggle with depression as well as my best friend. She takes medicine, has crazy mood swings, and gets angry at me for things that used to not bother her. I am working on dealing with my depression on my own without medicine. Luckily I have a supportive mom who wants the best for me and hates to see me sad. I felt a lot better after talking with her. OP, it may help to talk to a counselor or someone else you trust. Suicide is never the answer bc whatever you are going through, it will get better.

Prozac is not a wonder drug that will all of the sudden cure suicidal thoughts. This poor woman needs therapy desperately.

I am on Efexor and Wellbutren for anxiety and depression, but mostly for depression. They don't rid me of my depression, just make life bearable enough to live. Though for anybody taking Efexor, do not stop cold turkey or miss a couple days worth because the withdrawal symptoms are horrendous. This is especially true if you are on a high dosage like me.

thank you! Lol I was just about to say just smoke some ******* weed. That's what I use for my depression. I understand it won't work for everybody but at least it's natural and I good place to start.

XTheDesertSongX 17

Right. I was on Zoloft, Prozac, and Lexapro and all of them made me worse in different ways. I just deal with it on my own now and I'm a lot better!

You people are all wrong, OP just needs to try autoerotic asphyxiation!

Yall need mushrooms, salvia, and ganja

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Man, having emotions sure is stupid, isn't it?

Ive been there, and u dragged myself out. looking back at it, yes, it is stupid

Ah yes, now that you have told OP that depression is stupid, I'm sure she'll just magically get better. Because that's how it works right? Wait, what? Mental issues don't just magically go away? Wow, I never would have guessed with all the assholes saying things like "don't be sad then" and "just be happy".

well, not everyone got emotional issues because of stupid reasons, people are all different. Just cause you had a "stupid" depression doesn't mean OP does too :)

If you are saying what OP is feeling is stupid then you clearly have not "been there". Depression is a serious and devastating medical condition and one of the surest ways to make a depressed person feel worse about themselves and their life is to tell them that what they are feeling is stupid.

jazzy_123 20

#2, yes the sex MUST have been amazing! I mean what's better than your husband screwing you while you have thoughts of different ways of killing yourself? I guess I've been doing it wrong the whole time. Sex with a hint of death... I love it!

Eliseopwns 22

We all have problems. At least you know and acknowledge yours.

caohm 18

sounds almost as sad as the story on YouTube where the boyfriend got so sick of shopping with his girlfriend for hours and arguing about it that he threw himself off the third floor rail at the mall and killed himself infront of everyone.

jazzy_123 20

48, I don't think sex with thoughts of suicide is sadder than an actual suicide... a PUBLIC suicide.

61- that's why they said this is ALMOST as sad as the public suicide. Not sadder than.

Dom_Olivares 12

Talk it out with your husband or someone else!

Its alright OP! You can make it through this. Trust me. Stay strong!

Is he that bad in bed? Haha! Maybe you should talk to a doctor about that. Depression can be hard, and if you're having thoughts of suicide you definitely should get some help from someone.

Thinking about suicide is normal. When we think about suicide it is because we think we do not have control of things and the thought of suicide makes us feel as if we do have control of it. You should seek help though if you think about it every single day for the past week.

kellyem2 20

Realizing things are tough is the first big step, OP. I hope you find the right resources to get the help you need.

perdix 29

Suicide is not the answer! Cheating with a really hot guy who can bring you to ****** time and time again is!

dangermouse2990 19

Yeah infidelity is the answer...NOT!...smh

perdix 29

#54, depends on what she looks like. Heh-heh-heh. I'm superficial :(

~Behold the shock and surprise on my face~

50 - Infidelity or suicide, take your pick. I think most people would choose the former. Unless of course you have no partner, then you'd be ****** over in that particular decision... FYI, I do get seasonal affectivity disorder. It's not quite the same as depression but has a lot of similar symptoms. I've had the thoughts myself from time to time but only in the winter months.

TheDrifter 23

He's that good huh? I thought the hormones from sex were supposed to help with alleviating depression?

I guess not if the sex isn't arousing or exciting. If you aren't enjoying it...bad sex is bad sex, whatever OP's reason is (mental or physical, or both)

Sex can be bad for women just because they're in a bad state of mind. A good lay is not the answer to everything. OP, talk to someone, anyone. You don't have to go through it alone.