By iamamermaid - 20/01/2015 06:14 - United States - Hemet

Today, I decided to use an at-home waxing kit for the first time to get rid of the hair on my upper lip. After experiencing the trauma of waxing, I fell asleep. A few hours later, I woke up to see that I now have acne everywhere I had waxed. I have an acne mustache. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 023
You deserved it 4 786

Same thing different taste

Top comments

llamarrama01 21

Leaving the hair would've shaved you the embarrassment.

Comments

I get the same thing. I *think* it's bacteria getting into where the root was. I waxed today myself, I'm trying antibiotic cream to see if that helps.

Omg I feel you the exact same thing happened to me!!

pop those acne and turn it into pizza mustache.

I have been waxing for longer than I care to admit to, but take a benadryl before you wax and that won't happen.

drasta 2

It's most likely razor burn/ingrown hairs or an allergic reaction I doubt it's acne. Talk to an aesthetician, they will sort it out for you DO NOT SHAVE IT

That actually happens to me a lot when I wax as well it really sucks I feel your pain OP

Oh my god are you people insane? Telling a female to SHAVE HER UPPER LIP? It will develop into thicker and darker hair. I've witnessed a friend of mine experience this from shaving.

Not necessarily. I've always shaved my upper lip and I haven't noticed that at all. Same with my legs.

wafflefriez91 17

only if your hair is naturally dark and thick. my cosmo teacher told me it was a myth.

This happens the first few times. Next time, prep your skin by gently cleaning it and applying a bit of baby powder (this soaks up the oils and sweat). After waxing, place a damp cloth on the area, it provides relief. Apply a very small amount of regular facial moisturiser to the area. If you do get some small pimples, leave them! They will scar badly. It's a sensitive area of skin so being extra careful is beneficial.

You do realize that it is probably hives right? Not acne...

blasticness400 4