By iamamermaid - 20/01/2015 06:14 - United States - Hemet

Today, I decided to use an at-home waxing kit for the first time to get rid of the hair on my upper lip. After experiencing the trauma of waxing, I fell asleep. A few hours later, I woke up to see that I now have acne everywhere I had waxed. I have an acne mustache. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 023
You deserved it 4 786

Same thing different taste

Top comments

llamarrama01 21

Leaving the hair would've shaved you the embarrassment.

Comments

NomeDMF 17

First time is always the worst OP. The first time i shaved my mustache and beard, it was pretty irritated. But ever since, my skin doesn't mind it at all. But are you also sure it's not hives? Benadryl would help out of it is.

OP try steaming your face to cleanse it but avoid putting moisturizers anywhere you waxed. When u had my eyebrows waxed the stylist told me because the wax pulls the root out as well, using lotions and such will cause acne and possibly infection. What you have now will probably clear up pretty quickly and maybe next time try a hair removal cream or something gentler :) hope this helps.

That used to happen to me too. Worst thing ever. Try a facial hair trimmer for women. No matter what kind of special wax, or after waxing creams, or lack there of, my upper lip would break out like crazy. I'm sorry that happened OP and I hope you find a solution!

That actually happened to me 4 weeks ago.. Had acne just where i had the wax

If you decide to try a different product, and your skin is very sensitive (sounds like it might be), then spot test any bleach or hair removal cream before using it. I ended up with a burned goatee from trying hair removal cream on my upper lip and chin, and it was bright red wept clear fluid for several days.

You need to wash your skin after waxing!! I hope it goes away soon OP!!'

It's not acne it's just the skin reaction you had to the action of hair being ripped out from your hair follicles, if you put cream on it, it will cool down and go away (:

tingtingmeg 12

you always get acne from waxing. just shave out next time

danceinconverse 25

Hopefully it's just your sensitive skin reacting and not acne!