By iamamermaid - 20/01/2015 06:14 - United States - Hemet

Today, I decided to use an at-home waxing kit for the first time to get rid of the hair on my upper lip. After experiencing the trauma of waxing, I fell asleep. A few hours later, I woke up to see that I now have acne everywhere I had waxed. I have an acne mustache. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 023
You deserved it 4 786

Same thing different taste

Top comments

llamarrama01 21

Leaving the hair would've shaved you the embarrassment.

Comments

Buy a ACME mustache to put over your acne mustache. Meep Meep.

It's probably just a reactant phase. Acne don't develop in hours. You will get better soon! :)

lifeisstrange84 8

when it comes to waxing with new ingredients try a small amount in a non visual area in case of allergies.

Op when it goes away go to a salon or just try plucking it ether way I hope this helps.

kirbs19 37

Even if you got it professionally done you would have the acne. When you wax a part of your face all the crap and dirt gets pulled out and your pores are wide open for acne! Put on some concealer and wait a few days it should improve!

truckers_wife 23

I started tweezing when I was in high school, and it worked well. The first few times I had a red spot, but it soon stopped, and makeup helped cover it up. I only had to do it every two weeks. Then when I went on the truck with my husband I started shaving out of laziness. It wasn't noticeable at all, I just have to do it more often.

That's not acne it's an irritation rash. Next time use cocoa butter or Aquaphor directly afterwards to prevent this.

wipe the area with an alcohol pad after you're done. It helps clean out the pores and you'll get minimal acne of any.

jademitch 20

Providing your female, It was the best of the two outcomes x

I didn't realize how many teenage girls and women in their 20s and 30s wax, shave, or pluck their upper lips.