By FMeeee - 16/06/2014 18:50 - Portugal - Aveiro

Today, I decided to tell my family, including my husband, that I'm pregnant. Their reaction was basically a "meh" before returning to watching the World Cup. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 435
You deserved it 9 793

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Superwholock86 6

Probably not the best timing.

Looks like your husband scored the first goal.

Comments

Superwholock86 6

Probably not the best timing.

gjikvtj 18

Yeah, I agree, the next mention of the baby will probably go like "So Mom, what should I name the baby? "What the hell?! What baby?"

Or it isn't their first. This was not ment to be a reply to that comment.

gjikvtj 18
incoherentrmblr 21

Considering how big this soccer thing is, waiting till after would have def been better.. Especially if their team lost.. Would have majorly cheered them up!

91hayek 31

#25 depending on what happens this world cup, the baby is probably going to get a footballer's name. Even if its a girl; they'll just put the feminine form.

Seriously #1? Knowing that you’re going to be a father, a grand-parent, uncle etc is not as exciting as watching soccer?

Definitely not the best timing since he was probably pissed off that Portugal was losing 4-0

rocker_chick23 27

Congrats on the pregnancy, OP.

Looks like your husband scored the first goal.

It does only come once every 4 years...but that sucks. I'm sure they'll come around in the next...month.

AnOriginalName 19

At first I thought you meant babies only come around every four years, and I was thoroughly confused.

saucyrossi 18

Your family has their priorities right

how this got upvoted is beyond me. Football is not more important than the news of someone being pregnant, especially if they are a family member.

Well I mean she did have the opportunity to pick when she told them. In the middle of a game probably wasn't the greatest idea. I don't bother any sports fan or any fan of anything if they're watching whatever it is that they're interested in.

You'd think your husband would be more excited about scoring a goal.

You'd think he'd celebrate, shouting "He shoots! He scores!"

I highly doubt either of these things happened considering portugal lost 4-0

WHOOSH! The sound of #8's meaning going right over the head of #92

rocker_chick23 27

How'd you get that out of the FML? They were too preoccupied with the game. It doesn't say anything about her being ugly.

Who wants to bet when you tell them again in a couple days they'll be like.... OH MY GOD?!?!!?? WHY DIDNT YOU TELL US SOONER!?!?!?

rocker_chick23 27

I'll bet a potato chip. See picture for details.

I think it'll be one month later.... After the world cup ends...