By Anonymous - 28/05/2009 04:19 - United States

Today, I decided to give blood for the second time. I felt excrutiating pain when she stuck the needle in my arm. Another nurse came running over in a panic. Apparently my inexperienced nurse had put it in my tendon instead of my vein. FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 278
You deserved it 2 913

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Darth_Taco 14

OH! Man, I hope you're ok. How the hell do you mistake a tendon for a vein? Veins are clearly a very different color from tendons. If you have dark skin or your veins aren't that visible then I can understand a bit better. Like I said, I hope you're ok and you don't have to go through something like this again. Hope this doesn't stop you from donating blood again in the future. Try asking for a more experienced nurse next time. I believe you can do that in most places.

your so vein (joke, for any of you idiots that'll see it and immediately critique every part of this)

Comments

I applaud your decision to give blood but a word of advice, drink a few cups of water before you donate. If you're well hydrated it makes you veins stand out more. Again thank you for giving you may have saved a life. And FYL: getting stuck in a tendon does hurt like hell.

I've had a doctor injuring a tendon of mine when taking blood once. Couldn't even bend my arm for a few weeks :S That really sucks.

Ouch. FYL! So you know, you tend to have better luck going to their centers than donating when they go to a school or town hall or something. They seem to leave the experienced people there. You might have gone and just had awful luck, though.

oooooooooooouuuuuuuch, hope you are okay !

butter_flew 0

oooh that nurse is messed up, hope you're fine now with needles?

Polionixon 2

why would it matter if she were fat #17? That is irrelavant.

Unlucky, OP. As long as I've been giving blood, I don't think I've ever had a nurse stick the needle in wrong. Here's hoping this won't deter you from giving blood again.

claireify_88 0

happened to me once, but i gave the whole pint of blood. i couldn't move my arm for 3 weeks. also, the nurse spilled my blood all over my arm and the wall.

FUUUUCCCKK!! that would hurt.. poor you

you_not_me_OWNED 0

ah man, once i was getting my blood drawn from this old lady with bad eyesight and shaky hands.....you can imagine how that went..... :(