By rattrap - 06/02/2012 01:13 - United States

Today, I checked over the pictures on my night-cam to see if my cats are really going on our kitchen counters. As soon as I'd seen the first picture, I realized that this whole time my cats haven't been going on it. It was a rat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 052
You deserved it 2 582

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That was your karma letting you know you should never blame cats.

Comments

artmastr 0

Betcha wish they'd gone on the counter now huh?

ROUS - Rodents Of Unusual Sizes? Personally, I dont think they exist. I dare someone to try and get this reference.

xxChelzxx 5

#86 Princess Bride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

nesteremily 31

I was expecting you to say the cats were doing it on the counters lol...and why arent the cats catching the rat haha

You might want to take care of that...

This is my FML, I was having problems logging into my account that day and made up a name. Story is I had a friend who just got out of physical rehab coming home and I decided to make her a welcome home cake. I left the cake covered up in wrap that evening and woke up to the wrapping disturbed and it bitten into. I have two cats and one of them is a complete sweetheart but has been known to try and eat anything she can get her paws on (literally! Thanksgivings a nightmare with her around!) a rule in my house is the cats can't go on the counter cause they go in the litter box and track filth. So I set up the camera to catch her in the act. Only to find out it was a rat. Fortunately, my cats killed it not long after so it's not a bother anymore. Thanks for all the good comments and what not I got a good laugh out of it. Hope you all have a nice holiday!

OP here. I forgot my password the day I wrote it and by the time I got a new password I completely forgot to write back. The story is I had a friend who just got out of physical rehab after a nasty car accident and I wanted to make her a welcome home cake. I have two cats and one is a complete sweetheart. But the problem is the sweetheart has a deranged food lust. No matter what you do, she always tries to find a way to get some food in her belly. And we feed her pretty good! Anyhow a rule in my house is cats aren't allowed on the kitchen counters because it's considered dirty to my family. The night before the cake was given I wrapped the cake up in wrap and when I woke up, there were nibbles in the cake and the wrap was disarray. I set the night cam up to catch the cat in the act and try to figure her issues out. I was not expecting to see a rodent on my kitchen counter, the last rodent we had in my home was a hamster when I was a kid. Fortunately, I re-did the cake and my friend was happy and a week later the cats caught the rat. Thanks for all your comments I had a great laugh and happy holidays!