By Anonymous - 26/11/2010 17:31 - United States

Today, I camped outside of a Best Buy to guarantee I'd get a cheap Blu Ray player. My friend who got there five minutes after they opened also managed to get one. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 351
You deserved it 41 220

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't understand the point of camping outside of a store.

Petawhitney 2

Camping out for black friday almost never works. Get used to it.

Comments

thisgirl2u 9

Selfish much? shouldn't you be happy that your friend was also able to get a good deal on a blu ray player and stay warm?? Ugh. You sound like an amazing friend :/ And this whole freezing outside all night to wait for the Special blu ray is Karma for your crappy friendship abilities.. just my opinion ;-)

DudeImBetter 0

I agree why wouldn't you be happy that your friend got one too, maybe if it was your enemy who got one 5 minutes after it opened you could complain on fml.

if you're going to call someone stupid at least have the brains to use the proper word! as in "YOU'RE stupid". ****** ass hats on this site..

I think his FML was about him not knowing they were in the line near him, and he could have been spending the night hanging out with them rather than alone, and still gotten the Blu ray player

thisgirl2u 9

# 84 I think You are confused hun, He clearly states that his friend arrived 5 minutes AFTER they opened and still managed to get the same Blu Ray player...

Juice? OP clearly said he was buying electronics, not groceries. Geez.

EthaNox 0

Comma was not needed after cheap.

Maybe the OP camped out at Best Buy to guarantee himself a cheap, but is also choosing to address us, the FML community, as "Blu Ray player".

Want a great deal on a Blu Ray Player? Easy!!! Get a PS3, that way you get about 8 things in 1!

The 2 reasons one doesn't buy a PS3 instead of a Blu-ray player, are because they're an idiot or an X-box Fanboy.

i camp out in my bed before black friday....and don't shop. ew

sallen0046 4

Why would you camp out at an electronics store? They're aware it's the biggest shopping day of the year, they're obviously going to prepare for it. Not only that, but it's remarkably easier and more convenient to purchase items online during holiday sales. There's no waiting, and they have warehouses full of the crap.

That is not true, stores intentionally under stock on the Black Friday "great deal" items because a lot of people will work on the mentality that since they are already there anyway they may as well buy something even if it's more expensive. That is why every one of those sales has a "while supplies last" tag.

not really actually most stores use major sales like this to get rid of old out of date merchandise to make room for the new up to date stock they are going to order

@52 My mother worked as a buyer for stores, and I've worked a retail quite a bit myself, and a big part of the black Friday sales is to get the Hot New Items that they know everybody wants, get extremely limited amounts, and then advertise the huge sales on those items. Yes, they get rid of out of date stock but that is not the main thing.