By justkillm3 - 13/05/2010 04:07 - United States

Today, I came home after ten hours at work to find my unemployed wife and 4 kids sprawled out watching TV waiting for me to get home and cook for them. I had to wash all the dishes first because they didn't feel like getting up or helping. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 159
You deserved it 9 143

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Grow a pair and tell them to take some responsibility.

Then don't do it until they get off their asses and help :/

Comments

so y dont u also not do ur responsibilities?

IGotARedNose 0

YDI for being a chubby chaser and overfeeding you kids. fatass lazy *****. and i know i dont know if their fat or not so if anybody wants to call me out on that i really dont care

Where in that fml did it say any of them were fat?

Lazy bastards. If you're the unemployed one in your household you should be doing the chores.

Yup. I generally clean the kitchen because my mom is single and has a fulltime job. Even my jerk of a little brother knows that he has to do something.

I wouldn't have done it. let them learn the hard way!

you should have turned around & left, and gone out for dinner by yourself. YDI for letting lazy people take advantage of you.

madmax82988 0

Damn straight. Ever since grade school my dinner menu consisted of whatever the hell I fixed myself. If they won't get it themselves, they aren't hungry enough. (Assuming they're older than 10). Fix yourself something, eat it, and let them know they can do the same. (Middle finger optional).

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Can we get something straight right now? No one, male or female, ever DESERVES "fun time." It's not a human right. It's something most people enjoy, but no one is entitled to it. When you have to pressure someone into having "fun time" with you because you feel you've earned it, it takes away the fun. "Fun time" isn't something you do because you deserve it, it's something you do when you and your partner are both in the mood.

mnblizzard 0

Are you serious? really? She feels bad because she lost her job? WOW

@Damian3395 - Did you really just say that the woman shouldn't have a job because it's not her role in a family? I agreed with the bit about how if she is unemployed then she should be doing the housework, but she should also be allowed to have a job if she so choses. Also, you're suggesting that if she doesn't sleep with him because he works so hard he should divorce her? No, what he should do is make her actually wake up and realise that she needs to do some work, be it around the house or at an actual job, she needs to set a good example for their kids.

What gives you the ******* right to say that a woman can't work. Misogynistic asshole. I've met woman manlier than you. I've met women who can lift more than the average male. It shouldn't be about gender. It's about skill. There's also the intellectual side. Did you know that a great percentage of females are more successful than males in elementary through middle school? ******* idiot. We need to get rid of people like you who contribute nothing to society and only overpopulated the planet.

cindy1973 0

hmm I am a housewife, and if i were in your shoes i would likely be single, I would not put up with that for one minute, when my husband comes home supper is on the table, the house is cleaned up and the laundry is done, theres nothing he needs to do but relax on the couch and spend time with the family...depending on whether or not your kids are old enough to fend for themselves you should have gone to the kitchen, made yourself (and the kids unless they are teens) a sandwich and called it good and let her wallow in her filth until she decided to get off her ass and clean it up, it wasnt your responsibility.

DJuan 0

a good ass whipping will clear the haze for the kids... as far as the wife.. I'm afraid ur too late sir. I feel for u homie

Truthfully, if she hasn't always been like this, your wife is probably depressed. Please get her to see a therapist and/or doctor as soon as possible. One of the top signs I had when I was depressed was the inability to care about anything. The kids have no excuse... better start bustin' balls with them. You're a parent; there is NO excuse for them not to get up and help you if you ask.

Jayodi 0

Actually, clinical depression is an excuse. It's a chemical imbalance in the brain, and it causes all sorts of problems, such as apathy, loss or gain of energy, loss or gain of appetite, increased or decreased sleep, anxiety, sickness (yes, it can cause actual illness), and thoughts of suicide. And depression isn't something you can just stand up and say "K, I'm done with this, I'm going to go to bed at a decent hour, get out more" etc. It just doesn't work that way, although it's hypothesized that sunning will help lesser the severity. I would know, I'm on anti-depressants, which fix that chemical imbalance in the brain (basically, what depression is, is your brain gives off a chemical called serotonin, which keeps you feeling happy. When you're depressed, the amount of serotonin your brain produces is significantly reduced. Anti-depressants cause your brain to produce more serotonin in order to help you feel better.)