By Anonymous - 25/08/2015 19:54 - United States - Phoenix

Spicy
Today, my husband told me that he is done having sex because it eats up his online gaming time. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 976
You deserved it 3 532

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Let him know that there's no save point and he lost all his progress with you up to this point

Wow...and I don't mean World of Warcraft. FYL

Comments

Let him know that there's no save point and he lost all his progress with you up to this point

There's no save point in online games either.

Wait wait he almost has it!!! And whoosh right over the head.

joeyl2008 29

At least he has his priorities straight.

bibble27 9

I would like to see how strong his convictions are. You can persuade him otherwise I'm certain OP. Even gamers have appetites ;-)

A07 48

Online shopping can be cheaper at times, like the sale Amazon had on cat food.

Dress up like his favourite female gaming character.

jaredofmo 22

Oh, heck no. It's not her job to fix that up.

stop whiteknighting he had an good idea why shouldnt she try it?

It's not her job? Do you know a marriage is between two people; it's not always just one person's job to "fix" something in a relationship.

ChopSuey444 20

My husband and I game together. Taking an interest in his interests COULD solve the issue. Whether that's dressing as a sexy game girl, or trying to play his games with him. She may be surprised.

This is where he needs to get help. Stage an intervention and if he doesn't buck up, you need to really ask yourself if you want to put up with that for the rest of your life or find someone else.

That's ridiculous. I'm not being funny but it's only sex. An inter

(Ran out of time to edit) I'm not being funny but an intervention just because he prefers video games to sex? That's pretty ridiculous. You don't have to have sex constantly. If you can't go without sex for a few days while sometime finishes the game they are enjoying then maybe you're the addict, the sex addict.

I really wouldn't want to be at an intervention for a married couple not having sex..

That's so stupid. He enjoys a game more than sex, so what? Should asexual have interventions too, since they don't want sex?

It's not about not having sex alone. This behavior signals that he may have a gaming addiction. Not only does that ruin their relationship, but it may also ruin them financially. Depending on what game he is playing he could put a ridiculous amount of money into it when he finally loses touch with reality... which he obviously already has if he chooses gaming over a wholesome relationship with his wife.

Oh ... and I speak from personal experience. Subscription fees, "Gold" or "Credits" and a bit of RMT and you're quickly looking at hundreds of dollars a month. And that is exactly where the gaming industry is going. Pay to Play or Pay to Win does make people that are perceptible to addiction fall right into that.

Well, seeing as sex is usually the pinnacle of togetherness in a relationship, if he doesn't want sex then you can cross off family dinner and spending time doing anything else other than gaming. This poor girl just wants some loving attention. Relationships are two way streets. I hope she's able to find a solution to this problem.

Does he do the same.same thing? sounds like you and OP should get to together and show them what they are missing.

It sounds like it's time for you to have a come to Jesus talk with your husband!

Sorry I didn't mean to hit ydi my finger slipped

sounds like something OP could say to her husband on quite some occasions ...

He may want to look into addiction counseling for that. You both may also want to attempt to try new things when it comes to intimacy