Stay safe, stay home

By Anonymous - 17/03/2020 05:30

Today, my professor gave me a huge lecture in front of the class about showing up sick, about how I was endangering the lives of other students, and kicked me out of class. As I left, everyone applauded. I'm not sick, but suffering for horrible allergies. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 978
You deserved it 191

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You are sick -- you're just not contagious. Getting sprayed by your sputum would be unpleasant whether it contained pathogens or not.

Jillian Cosby-Kelly 15

hope you said something about your allergies, at the very least report him for this. Also.... why the f is your school still doing classes? hoping this is a few days old.

Comments

You are sick -- you're just not contagious. Getting sprayed by your sputum would be unpleasant whether it contained pathogens or not.

Amanda Howard 9

this whole coronavirus is being blown out of proportion

ThatOneLonelyAsian 31

Yep ... the harsh truth is people need to die for a vaccine to be available

rotflqtms_ 21
Mathalamus 24
Jillian Cosby-Kelly 15

he isnt??? how are ALLERGIES? endangering the lives of other students?????? he is the definition of wrong.

COVID-19 has everyone scared to death. It has people acting like fools. I think the media blew this out of proportion.

Jillian Cosby-Kelly 15

hope you said something about your allergies, at the very least report him for this. Also.... why the f is your school still doing classes? hoping this is a few days old.

I have wicked spring allergies that turn me into a bigger bitch than I already am....I would've made the prof feel like a dick and say that allergies aren't contagious and sat right down and refuse to leave

HippyChicken 4

Embarrassment is truly the worst when you let yourself feel it 🙈🙉🙇🐈💕

ThatOneLonelyAsian 31

Stand up for yourself or quit complaining

Unfortunately if your allergy symptoms are too bad, you may not be able to tell if you have a minor case of COVID-19. If you are expelling bodily fluids (i.e. sneezing in class, actively running nose, coughing) it is wise to stay home and seek additional treatment for your allergic symptoms. If they are newly occurring for the season, don't assume they are allergies. People are trying to stay healthy, and we can't say who is infectious and who is not. The incubation period is 14 days. Honestly, some classes aren't even meeting, but anyone - if you have productive symptoms, fever, or shortness of breath, speak to your professor or work first about working from home while you are symptomatic and until COVID-19 can be ruled out.

WistayShlaio82 13

Press charges, file a grievance, something.