By PinkTornado - 17/03/2009 14:20 - Canada

Today, I broke up with my boyfriend. After three long weeks of him ignoring me and cancelling out on time we were supposed to spend with each other. He looked at me with the most confused look on his face. Then he says ''Are you serious? I was planning the perfect day to ask you to marry me'' FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 828
You deserved it 97 591

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ouch... how long were you together? Please tell me you didn't proceed with the breakup

I hope you work things out!!!!! This is the type of thing that would happen to me.

Comments

someone18x 0

oh no i hope you get back together!!!! explain yourself!!

thebigO_fml 0

I am surprised that no one else thought that just maybe the poor guy was saving for a ring or a fancy dinner and needed to work more to get the $.perhaps..he just wasted his time and effort.

If that's the case, then just get back together with him...

First of all, number 20 is right on. Secondly, everything about what both of you did seems completely and equally moronic, which is why you two are probably destined to be with one another.

augustsky 0

I don't understand how there are so many "you deserved it"s. How did she deserve it? You'd break up with someone if they basically fell off the face of the earth on you for three weeks, too! And #54 -- they could've spent time together without having to spend money. Stay at home and watch a movie together or something, he could've saved up his $$ for a ring/dinner AND showed the woman he wanted to spend the rest of his life with that he was still dedicated to her all in one shot.

pisspuddle 0

i love how the comments you can easly tell the girls from the guys. the girls all egg her on the guys all wonder why you were so rash. every girl who commented all prolly think men are assholes and wonder why they cant find the right one. maybe ur the assholes ladys not the guys ^.^ im not defending men i know there are assholes out there but i know alot of nice guys who got hurt by bitch girls. example: this fml story

he wasn't saying that to just defend himself, was he? did he not realize it'd been 3 weeks that he canceled on you..if he really was planning the perfect day to marry you, he could've tried to see you at least once a week.

...why would he ignore you, then want to marry you? Sounds like a loser. Be glad you didn't marry him! More like FHL.

ok this is just weird. first off, why did he ignore you for 3 ******* weeks to PROPOSE. he sounds like an idiot or a douche. and why is this an FML? if he was serious, you could have just said "oh, really? ok!" and not dumped him it's not like breaking up lacks an undo!

Slightmisshap 0

ouch. and 62 is right, unless you proceeded with breaking up, its not much of an fml. but gl in the future.