By PinkTornado - 17/03/2009 14:20 - Canada

Today, I broke up with my boyfriend. After three long weeks of him ignoring me and cancelling out on time we were supposed to spend with each other. He looked at me with the most confused look on his face. Then he says ''Are you serious? I was planning the perfect day to ask you to marry me'' FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 828
You deserved it 97 591

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ouch... how long were you together? Please tell me you didn't proceed with the breakup

I hope you work things out!!!!! This is the type of thing that would happen to me.

Comments

wrestler_fml 0

This is a situation where neither of you are in the wrong. Both of you love each other, and you have to both laugh at it, make up, put it behind you. If you haven't already, next time you see him, tell him "yes, i'll marry you... but let's communicate better next time, shall we?" It would be a colossal pity to have a great relationship such as this, where 2 people obviously care so much about each other, to be ruined because of a simple misunderstanding. And you need to understand that of course there will be haters on here, who will attack you, and attack him, attack anybody to ruin you two's relationship because they themselves have never found love, or at least true love. But I have, and trust me- it's the best thing in the world. If you love this guy, don't let him go for all of the money in the world. Make sure you handle the situation maturely, show your love for him, and get him back. He probably wants you back as well, right as we speak! After that, make up, plan for the wedding, get married, buy a house, get a pet, have kids, and grow old together. Good luck. Eternity is ahead of you. Who do you REALLY want to spend the rest of your life with? If it's him... do so! Nothing can hold you back, and you should fight anything that gets in your way of you guys.

TheOrpheus 0

you should have broke up with him. when you get ignored or he stops spending time with you then something needs to happen. I hope you resolved things, but your initial reason fro breaking up with him is valid. Good job. FYL.

Then what happened!? I can't believe you'd tease us all like this.

Who wants to be with a guy who ignores you for over a month?! You did yourself a favour.

imagine0580 0

i agree, clearly he is just not that into you, and if he was ignoring u because he was nervous, he needs to grow some balls cuz if he is ready to marry u he needs to be able to face u first... sucks sry

I was on the receiving end of this in a 2 1/2 year relationship with the girl I was about to propose to. I didn't know how to handle things then, and we had a weird split. Neither of us dated but we haven't really talked much. I would do anything for that girl, and I just don't think she would do anything for me, why would you wanna be with some girl that would do that to you? IDK I guess sometimes its hard to be on the receiving end after so long. Just after about a year and a half of us not talking, we had started hanging out for some reason and right after Christmas she starts to date someone. It wasn't me. FML ~(>.

Lol I created an account just to comment on this... 1. To the #87 commenter: 3 weeks =/= over a month... lol. 2. I agree with the commenter who mentioned that he may have been taking extra hours on at work to make more money. Though... if he really wanted to spend time with her... he would have found some way. Unless he's super busy with other responsibilities.... such as school? Or something of that nature. 3. Communicate much?

harvest_jess 0

A common case of miscommunication. This problem can be fixed, however. Just explain and talk. That is, if he really was truthful in that he was preparing the "perfect" day to propose marriage to you.

Not sure if this is much of a FML. You felt that your boyfriend is neglectful and you were sufficiently indifferent to him (or incommunicative enough) to decide that it wasn't worth actually talking about and called it quits. No matter what's really going on here, you've got a half-hearted relationship that's lacking sensitivity and communication. Even if the relationship is salvageable, you guys gotta start talking more. And marriage? Forget about it for a while. That's obviously jumping the gun here.

xolotl 0

#54, when you're saving up, do you cut off all communication with people you love? Does that help you? If so, I've got to try that.