By Anonymous - 10/08/2014 18:12 - United Kingdom - Ilminster

Today, I babysat a 6-year-old boy for the first time. When I said it was his bedtime, he just screamed "Eat a dick!" at me. I was so shocked, all I could do was leave him be. When his parents returned, I had to make up an excuse for why he was still awake and watching TV, to save my pride. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 300
You deserved it 10 036

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should've just told them, the kid deserves to be disciplined anyway

I hope your excuse was that you didn't put him in bed because you were too busy eating dick, because that kid just made you his bitch. Nice job babysitting, OP.

Comments

YDI for letting the kid win. Now he thinks you're weak and he can get away with this stuff. Disconnect the tv wire and turn off all the lights and he'll go to bed by himself.

my_user_name_is 1

I just recently started watching a six year old boy and its not exactly easy. Give OP a break.

I don't think it is easy in any way. However, if OP doesn't respond firmly and get a hold of the situation then every time OP babysits it's gonna be hell. OP should've told him it was rude to speak like that and told him his parents would be hearing about it, then put him to bed. If things ever get out of control and the kid refuses to do something you've told him to, or is being rude and saying crude things, call the parents. That's why they leave their number. Most parents wouldn't approve and would talk to him about and/or discipline him. Sometimes the threat of calling the parents is enough to keep them in line as well.

titibug823 11

No, it's really not. However, OP should not have let him get away with that and given him what he wanted...

No, it isn't easy. All kids like to test their limits to see what they can get away with. A new babysitter is no exception. But OP's response was entirely wrong, and now the boy will continue to misbehave every time OP babysits. Having babysat for a living for over a year, I can tell you, there are times when you can't be afraid of a possible temper tantrum.

That makes me really sad. Why didn't you tell the truth, so the kid can be disciplined?

Given this kid's choice of words, I'd say he's been watching too much Boondocks.

_spacekid 11

You think the parents would believe OP over their kid? Right. Unless they know about the kid saying such vulgar things, they most likely would not believe OP.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

What motivation would OP have for lying? I'm sure there's people who would, but if the parents are rational people, they would most likely understand and not think that OP is lying.

So you reward his behavior by giving him what he wants and then lying to his parents for him? Way to go.

It was bedtime, so he already had dinner...

You would've lost your job....And possibly get a lawsuit.