By Calimero - 26/04/2019 02:00

Today, I forked over a hefty sum to stay the night in a beautiful, luxurious hotel room, because back home I have a baby that doesn't sleep through the night yet. Never would I have imagined I would be staying directly next to the town nightclub. I'm still awake. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 702
You deserved it 1 212

Same thing different taste

Top comments

manb91uk 22

I guess it never occurred to you to look at the area AROUND the hotel before booking?? Smart call...

tounces7 27

I'd straight up complain to the hotel and ask for a refund. If I pay good money for a hotel room, they better damn well not put me next to a noisy nightclub.

Comments

manb91uk 22

I guess it never occurred to you to look at the area AROUND the hotel before booking?? Smart call...

tounces7 27

Because I'm sure someone who's tired and has barely slept, is going to consider the possibility that a high-priced hotel room would be in such an extremely poor location, and walk around on foot looking for potential sources of noise just to make sure it's not.

manb91uk 22

I would if the object of said purchase was to get a decent night's sleep. I wouldn't leave anything to chance.

tounces7 27

How often does that really happen, though? I've stayed in a lot of hotel rooms and I don't recall a single time where noise was any sort of problem, even for the cheap ones. Who really checks the surroundings of a pricier joint especially? And even if they do, do you check the interior layout of the hotel to see if they have rooms near a noisy building? I mean that's just shitty design. I'm sure it's easy to say in retrospect that you'd check for all that stuff.

CoriCat 25

I hope the baby is with a sitter rather than your significant other. Otherwise that would be incredibly inconsiderate

TxKitten79 10

Not necessarily. Maybe her S.O. gave her a night off as a gift and was taking care of the baby

Yes how horrible if he'd have to look after it for one night after OP carried it for nine months, birthed it and has probably been around since minute one full time. Y'all here really hate mothers who request the least amount of their own time to recharge, because imagine the horror if that would have worked out and OP would be rested and in a better mood. I almost regret making a snippy comment with all you hyenas out there going after OP.

tounces7 27

I'd straight up complain to the hotel and ask for a refund. If I pay good money for a hotel room, they better damn well not put me next to a noisy nightclub.

Traveling_Book 9

I’m confused here. You booked a hotel, because you have a child at home that doesn’t sleep so you left them there? Then you’re mad that it was right next to a noisy club. Something seems off here.

If only you could use the internet also for checking the surrounding buildings of a hotel..