By ProudMama - 08/01/2012 00:50 - United States
Add a comment - Reply to : #
I think what the real FML here for her is the fact that her husband is not responsible enough to take care of the boys without her. BUT it is a funny story to remind the kid about when he's older lol my mom would ask me if I remember when (insert childhood story) and I would laugh and wonder what went through my young head!
#29 - Actually, that product (Nair) can do some serious damage and I doubt the child used it as instructed on the bottle since he thought it was a good idea to use it on his head. Those chemicals burn away the hair and its imperative that the directions are followed (IE on the skin for no more than 10 minutes or you start getting chemical burns.) Also, it causes hair to grow back thinner/less each time it is used, so the child could have done permanent damage to his hair. The fact of the matter is, if the Dad wasn't paying attention to the son to see that he was playing with dangerous chemicals, imagine if the child had ingested it rather that just slathering it all over his head!
Its never the hussbands fault..
Maybe you shouldn't leave the nair within the child's reach. Just sayin'...
Does no body on here realize how curios kids are? OP didn't have to have it "in reach" for the child to get to the Nair. The son was probably digging in a cabinet or climbing on top of a counter. I'd also like to point out that anyone thinking the husband messed up everything is not correct. OP's husband might have been dealing with the other son while this son was going on a scavenger hunt.
Kids do stupid stuff. Especially when non-kid stuff is in reach. Keep him away from stuff like bleach and rat poison.
Your husband is a complete Fuck up. Obviously he wasn't paying attention and this could have been prevented. I'm sorry OP