By AIienware - 30/06/2015 15:33

Today, at my job at a ceramics store, I was loading a $300 statuette into a woman's car when I saw a dismembered foot in the trunk. I was so startled that I dropped the statuette and it shattered. Turns out the foot was fake and now my boss says I have to pay for the damage. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 572
You deserved it 6 112

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should not have to foot the bill on that.

That toetally sucks that you have to pay for it.

Comments

CaroAurelia 12

Why did this woman have a fake foot in her trunk? Even if it was a prosthesis, shouldn't someone be wearing it?

My guess would be that it was a prop rather than a prosthetic foot.

Pretty sure she wouldn't get you to help her with that if there really was some murderous activity going on in her car recently… just in case…

leogachi 15

When you see something like that suddenly and unexpectedly, being startled or even scared for a few seconds is a completely reasonable response.

91hayek 31

She was told to keep the foot to give it an appropriate boot she picked the wrong one and thought it was fun But now it will cost you some loot.

Since you used 'boot' and 'loot' I guess you want us to pronounce foot as 'fewt'. Next time re-read #16:)

The only way this poem could possibly rhyme is if you say it in a Geordie accent...

Tell your boss "no". If he fires you for it, then you're better off not working for that asshole, and at least you won't have paid.

I don't think the boss is terribly in the wrong. I mean, it sucks for OP but someone has to pay for it.

leogachi 15

How about the idiot that went to buy an expensive item at a store, needed help to move said item, and didn't think a severed foot (fake or not) would startle someone?

RedPillSucks 31

sucks, but just about every low end job I've worked at, if you break something, you have to pay for it. Unless the workplace has insurance for this kind of stuff.

It was her husband's vagankle (****** ankle).

sbarua219 17

It was an accident. Why don't you ask your distributor or wholesaler for credit after you explain the story? I'm sure they'll understand

It sucks but it's true, work in sales and if you break it you bought it. Ask for an employee discount. Seeing as how the store just had to refund the full asking price they might not agree to it though.

+300 culture points for using the word statuette

Ouch. That sucks. If the foot looked that realistic, try talking to the boss and ask him or her if you can just pay whatever it cost to buy it originally. I'm sure your boss and you can have an agreement on a much lower price. FYL