By Taylor - 20/07/2011 16:37 - United States

Today, after spending time with my daughter and painting her nails she gives me a hug and says, "Mommy I love you, but I love daddy much better!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 905
You deserved it 4 544

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kids say stuff like that all the time. it doesn't mean you're not a better parent. :)

Comments

Bubbles1354 0

well ita good tht she still loves you too :)

im sure she appreciates you just as much. I'm not gonna lie, I'm like that as well I love my mom to bits, but I always have a sweeter spot for my dad.

lol I agree if my kid said that I would lock her outside for an hour

lol....my kids say that to my ex all the time....

kids don't mean that. I said that to my parents all the time except it was mum I loved best n I never meant a word. they new that.

elizabeth9m 4

LOL, but psychologically speaking, Freud hypothesized that children enter the Phallic stage (around ages 3-6) and it states that all boys have an Oedipus complex (mother complex) while girls have Electra complex (father complex). However, these impulses generate fear in them, so their superego (part of psychological makeup that quickly judges and punishes). So, to cope with this, they go though Identification which makes them ally with the same-sex parent by taking on that parent's behavior and attitudes because they acknowledge that they can't replace their same-sex parent and exaggerate the male or female role.

djnj13 0

I'm sorry that you had to her that but i wouldn't dwell on it. Kids change their minds all the time and maybe at the moment that was just how she felt. But tomorrow you might be het favorite. Just don't worry about it and continue to be the best parent you can be. :)

sorry messed up the middle. the superego causes the boys to generate a fascination for stuff like superheros, guns, martial arts while girls like dolls, dresses and makeup. It is also a response the the child's unconscious complexes an the guilt and fear of the hidden complexes lead to identification. Sorry