By lalalaisling - 08/05/2013 16:21 - Ireland - Cork

Today, I walked in on my boyfriend of 7 years with another woman. He panicked and blamed it on the "long distance" and how we "never see each other". We've lived in the same neighbourhood since we were 5 years old, and we've lived together for the past four years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 80 935
You deserved it 5 407

lalalaisling tells us more.

lalalaisling 10

hey, OP here. If only I could blame whiskey! Also I have to admit, the stereotype is somewhat true.

Top comments

What a cheating bastard. Now this is one of the few FMLs I've seen where it's perfectly acceptable to dump his ass right then and there!

Close the remaining distance between your foot and his balls.

Comments

What a cheating bastard. Now this is one of the few FMLs I've seen where it's perfectly acceptable to dump his ass right then and there!

unknownfork 12

I'm sure she has already done that

I hope you dump him. He is cheating scum.

31- I picture someone with a russian accent saying that.

I hope she dumped his ass too. I feel badly that she live with him and were friends long before. It'll be hard for her to move on but I'm hoping she's got a strong mind and personality to get thru this.

I wanna know why her bf felt the need to cheat. He can just have sex with his gf. I don't get it, but I do get why she should dump him.

RedPillSucks 31

People don't always cheat because of lack of availability of sex, although we have no way of knowing what happened in this particular situation. Some people simply can't deal with (serial) monogamy and any opportunity that presents itself (whereever sex can be had) is an opportunity that must be pursued.

What a king douche bag. Leave him and don't look back.

Especially for making up such a ridiculous excuse because it only makes him a bigger fool. He ought to just admit his mistakes and kick his own ass out the door.

That's ridiculous! I'm sorry OP you should ask him what he considers not to be long distance, since living together is not close enough for him.

I'm guessing long distance for him is any distance between his penis and her ******.

etoilenuit 15

I'm guessing he was covering for a lie he told the woman he was in bed with. What dbag

#62 - etoilenuit; sounds that way to me. which makes it even more pathetic to me, makes me even more sorry for her, and makes him a much larger jerk and asshole. i am so sorry for that poor women and i hope you castrate that moronic fool, and drag that homewrecker out into the street, bed, naked tramp and all out into the road where she gets run over by an eighteen wheeler.

Apparently the living room from the kitchen is too far for him.

jstorie95 8

Wow what a dick. Please tell me you're not still with him

Oh wow, hope you're doing alright OP. I don't know how I'd react, just hang in there and be strong!

honeybadgerDG2S 2

Since he is from Ireland, he should have have blamed the whiskey and claim he was so drunk he thought it was op.

Hurray for stereotypes! On a serious note, if you want to make a funny comment the least you could do is put a bit of effort into it.

23- Being an Irishman myself, I must say that the aforementioned stereotype is painfully accurate, and therefore funny on some level.

46 - Born and raised in Ireland myself, personally have not seen much that would reinforce the stereotype.

Being an objective third party whom lived in Ireland over the course of 10 years, I can confirm #46 findings to be true...in many cases. To be fair though, there's not much to do after 6pm, but go to the pub and chit chat with friends. Every store closes at six!

Being another Irishman, I can say that the stereotype would have been accurate many years ago... Now you will find 4 men in a pub crowded round one pint of Guinness. Not the sort of economy you would expect a country of drunkards to live in.

74 - Going to the pub for a drink and a chat is one thing. That isn't an issue and I wouldn't consider it a reinforcement of the stereotype. Socialising over a drink or two is hardly unique to Ireland. Getting so drunk that you do stupid shit/become incapacitated (or claiming to get that drunk as an excuse) is a different thing entirely.

lalalaisling 10

hey, OP here. If only I could blame whiskey! Also I have to admit, the stereotype is somewhat true.

Hey, OP! Sorry to hear about this.. It must be rough. Are things getting better?

Sorry about what happened. It's sad how people will **** things up and lose something good. I hope you find a better guy :)

lalalaisling 10

I'm feeling great thanks :D I don't need that kind of negativity in my life!

I am very sorry to hear about the situation, he is a total dumbass.

Apparently "close enough" would be "under his bed."