By w-dog - 24/08/2009 17:33 - Canada

Today, after spending $15,000 to treat my dog's cancer over the past two months, he died of kidney failure. FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 632
You deserved it 19 807

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Boo ******* hoo, some guy took his own hard earned money and paid for something they care about's health instead of listening to some dumb **** on the internet and giving it to charity. What about people who spend hundreds of thousands more to buy a bigger house, even though they don't really a house that big? Shouldn't they have given their money to charity? What about billionaires who spend their money on playboy bunny slaves? How many little African kids would you save if he gave all his money to charity? Face it you dumb *****, giving your money to charity is an option, stop making it seem like this guy was obligated to do it just because he spent money on his dog. You know what else people do? They spend loads of money buying food for their dogs! And pfft, we ALL know dogs don't need food! They should have spend that money on some poor kids in Africa with AIDS to let them live a few more days even though they're already on death row because no amount of money even in your stupid ******* idealistic bubble could save them all. Grow the **** up.

Comments

Wow, some people just don't understand that pets are like family members to those who love them.

Actually, I do, my dog died when I was 8 years old and my Dad had had him since he was just a pup (twelve years)... and I can say that neither me nor my dad would spend 15 grand on a dog. And yes, we had spent money on his health problems in the past. (He ended up dying from heart failure).

bluegrlcry 0

i love my pets but they r NOT the same as a family member!! getting them put down is much more humane than letting them suffer!!! and all u morons saying if a family member had cancer that ppl who put their animals down would let them die, u r idiots!! im proof that thats not true! last year my dog that ive had since i was 2 had a stroke and we had to put her down. and at the beginning of the summer my grandma got diagnosed with breast cancer and she had a mastectomy and is now going thru chemo.

ky_stone22 0

FYL. Seriously. That's why, as great as pets are, sometimes it's not worth having them. It hurts too much to lose them. It's sweet, though, that you cared so much for your dog that you spent that much to make him better. I do agree that you should've put him down, but I suppose you couldn't know when was going to die, and if the treatment would work. Good luck with dealing with the loss :)

tinkchic4life 0
tonyDlolli 0

1 month ago my little brother got ovarian cancer, my little sister got testicular cancer and I got pancreatic cancer and my parents put us all down

CheshireHalli 19

I'd spend that much money on my little Shaddybug if she got cancer if it meant that she would get to live a little longer. I am around people, but other than a select few, a dog really is the a person's best friend. I think that this is one of the few FML's that made me tear up. OP: FYL.

so sorry about your dog. you do know they have a limited life span. the money you spend on a pet is just a personal decision you have to make. sometimes the cure is as bad as the cancer.

I totally understand spending that much money on a pet. When my hamster severed his leg, my parents spent $600 to get his leg amputated and everyone was like "why would you spend $600 on a $7 hamster?!" But I was always glad they did because I loved my hamster and he ended up living for another year and a half. So spending a lot of money on pets you love isn't crazy, like so many people here are saying! Screw all you people who are saying he deserves it!

And I'm sure your hamster showed MUCH affection for the effort. And none of that affection was you transferring your own emotions onto the pet. You'll think that was an awesome decision when your parents call in the debt after you get a job.