By w-dog - 24/08/2009 17:33 - Canada

Today, after spending $15,000 to treat my dog's cancer over the past two months, he died of kidney failure. FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 632
You deserved it 19 807

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Boo ******* hoo, some guy took his own hard earned money and paid for something they care about's health instead of listening to some dumb **** on the internet and giving it to charity. What about people who spend hundreds of thousands more to buy a bigger house, even though they don't really a house that big? Shouldn't they have given their money to charity? What about billionaires who spend their money on playboy bunny slaves? How many little African kids would you save if he gave all his money to charity? Face it you dumb *****, giving your money to charity is an option, stop making it seem like this guy was obligated to do it just because he spent money on his dog. You know what else people do? They spend loads of money buying food for their dogs! And pfft, we ALL know dogs don't need food! They should have spend that money on some poor kids in Africa with AIDS to let them live a few more days even though they're already on death row because no amount of money even in your stupid ******* idealistic bubble could save them all. Grow the **** up.

Comments

I'm sorry for your loss, I know how pets can be just another member of the family. THat's how it is with my cats. Hope you have better luck with your next dog.

I think YDI for the fact that the FML here is the amount of money you spent trying to save a dog, not that your poor dog died. For all of you people saying he deserved it for spending that much because he a) 'cud have liek totally bought a car dude' or b) 'thou art should have donated it to charity and saved thy precious children in stead of ye olde dog', your comments and the rest of this site alone is proof you shouldn't waste money trying to save human life.

Natatat 0

Look at it this way, spending money to have your dog (i'm assuming male) hooked up to machines and harsh chemicals. But he doesn't know why. I say you should have spent his days with him nice and lovingly, then had him put to rest. Would you want to spend your last days in a hotel room feeling miserable? That is how he probably felt.

Aww, OP, I'm sorry for you loss. ): I love my dog and would die if anything happened to him! We have spent nearly 5k in operations on him and have never regretted it. He's a part of the family >>;; To those saying "15k?! You should have donated it to charity, you could have saved some kid's life!" STFU. How many of you have donated 15, 000 dollars to charity? I ******* thought so.

rentmefor1day 0

send me ur dog so i can deep fry it, yummm... doggyyy!!!

galad2003 0

All of you people who are comparing a dog's life to a humans really need to get some perspective. There is a big difference between a human being and an animal. I don't mean to be a jerk but if you seriously think there is any comparison between a human family member being sick and a dog than you need help for whatever psychological issue is keeping you from connecting with humans.

Part of being a loving, responsible pet owner is knowing when to say goodbye. When you sign up for the responsibility of owning a pet, that includes the responsibility ending it's suffering in a timely manor. I'm sure you loved the dog, and that it is irreplaceable. That in no way changes the fact that most animals have much shorter lifespans than humans, and illness and suffering come with old age. The dog is not going to be with you your whole life, regardless of what you spend, and you must accept that. As for all of you squaking about pets being a member of the family, and how you feel: yes, they are a member of the family. We love them, we care for them. But that does not make keeping them around for a few more months as important as human needs. My family and I are looking at putting one of our sweetest cats down in the next year or two if we're lucky, the next few months if we're not so lucky. I grieve, but I know flushing money away won't restore her to the youth of a kitten. As for OP, listen to "Death of a Martian" by Red Hot Chili Peppers, let the tears run down your face, and move on. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbEpMdrB9NY Here you go.

BikerMike 0

you are a dumb **** for spending 15k on a ******* pet