Good boy

By Anonymous - 11/05/2017 02:00

Today, my dog was diagnosed with a torn ACL. This costs $1500-$2500 to treat. Three months ago, he had heart worms. That cost $1400 to treat. I adopted this dog from a shelter four months ago to help relieve some of my stress and anxiety. I don't feel any less stressed or anxious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 763
You deserved it 550

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sorry to hear that OP. Those prices are ridiculous though. That's more than a months wages at my old job, for each treatment. Looks like me and Doggo would be living on the streets.

Sad situation OP!! Hope everything gets better soon..

Comments

Sad situation OP!! Hope everything gets better soon..

Sorry to hear that OP. Those prices are ridiculous though. That's more than a months wages at my old job, for each treatment. Looks like me and Doggo would be living on the streets.

hols205 2

Dude that's sad, sorry to hear it. Hope everything gets better soon and works out.

That is so sad! I'm so sorry to hear that. I don't know if it would be a good option for you, but there are some veterinarians that offer "credit cards" to pay for it without interest for 8 months.

OP: my dog tore her ACL and we opted not to fix it, and she turned out just fine. Depending on the type of dog, as well as age, you may not need to/want to either. Try and get your pup to take it easy for a bit to see how they handle things. It is a very delicate area and they can end up re-tearing it. Also helps to get a second/third opinion before going for surgery and spending that much money :)

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Ava_Darkflame 26

So, I've had my dog for a little over a year. 6 days after we got him he was diagnosed with Kennel Cough and hospitalized for 2 days which equaled $1000. A month later he got pneumonia from the kennel Cough not being treated correctly. That was a 6 day hospital stay which cost over $4000. He has also broke his left foot...and he had an ACL repair in March which was $4000. Now he has arthritis in his hip. Mind you, he is only a little over 1 year old. And I only paid $125 dollars for him at the animal shelter....I feel your pain.

Cripes, that is expensive. I had a cat that needed his ligament replaced and it was $700. It's a rare injury for a cat. My current cat had the same problem as my previous cat, but we caught it much earlier. Sometimes surgery isn't necessary. They gave me the medication to keep my cat sedated over a week to give his leg time to rest and heal. So far, no further issues with his leg.

vetty.betty 1

Cats and dogs are not comparable. Cats put a lot less weight through their joints, are much more agile and more likely to rest when injured.

I am sorry to hear what the two of you are going through. It is hard to stay positive during these times, but you can think of it as the two of you battling through the challenges together as a team. I hope that things do get better for the both of you and I have faith in you that you can get through this with some positivity.