By Anonymous - 06/05/2009 20:12 - Canada

Today, after practicing a song for my girlfriend on guitar all day, I called her over to my house to show it to her. After a long speech about how "this is for you," I played for about 3 seconds before I broke a string, which slapped her in her face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 270
You deserved it 6 370

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How close was your girlfriend to your guitar? Was she making out with it? I don't see how a string would have hit her unless she was right next to it.

My string just broke on Monday. Oh wait...its wednesday...Maybe I should buy new strings. By the way I know how you feel about this. Its tough being a sexy musician.

Comments

fmlsmymiddlename 0

She would most likely be sitting next to him, therefore easily within the range of a broken guitar string, if it happened to break on the right side in relation to where she was sitting. It's pretty simple.

#54- wouldn't the ENGlish that originated in ENGland be proper english?

ohhhhshizzz 0

#55: Who cares if you call fake? Seriously, you don't know and you weren't there. This is an FML post, with 300 words or less. So get over it if it is, but I highly doubt that it is fake. So take your fake police somewhere else. Does anyone else find it funny that everyone who comments on the spelling, has a spelling error/gramatical error in THEIR post. This is hilarious. It could go on for days! [Just kidding, I wouldn't care.] @OP: Awuh, you sound like a sweet boyfriend, just hope she didn't get too pissy. If you apoligize/APOLOGISE (: then things should be okay.

#62- #25 was right. they said it's which is (it is). as in 'it is great'

Anyone who says she was too close to the guitar doesn't play the guitar. If you wind the strings up tight enough, when they break, they can snap like a whip. Improbable? Yes, but impossible? No. FYL. (btw, enough with this linguistics dick-waving contest. you're embarrassing yourselves, or at least you should be)

hahahahaha.. yeah #74 it does hurt.. and it leaves a small red line on your face.. worst poart of it is if you do not have a spare string lying around.. you're pretty much ****** for the rest of the song.

I always get nervous when I change the tuning of my guitar because I'm scared a string will break and hit me in the face. If it was the B or high E string then I can see it snapping and flying off wildly, otherwise the winding on the string should keep it from going too far.