By Anonymous - 06/05/2009 20:12 - Canada

Today, after practicing a song for my girlfriend on guitar all day, I called her over to my house to show it to her. After a long speech about how "this is for you," I played for about 3 seconds before I broke a string, which slapped her in her face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 270
You deserved it 6 370

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How close was your girlfriend to your guitar? Was she making out with it? I don't see how a string would have hit her unless she was right next to it.

My string just broke on Monday. Oh wait...its wednesday...Maybe I should buy new strings. By the way I know how you feel about this. Its tough being a sexy musician.

Comments

One time I was tuning my guitar and the string snapped and hit me in the face D: It hurts like hell. Hopefully your girlfriend didn't get mad at you. Accidents happen.

RedJester23 6

dude FML that's gotta sting.... was it an acoustic? cause if it was and you hit her with a thick string.... you have no chance unless you are a god

EPIC fAIL!!! Yes! But it's definitely a kind gesture even if it blew up in your (or in this case her) face.

"I broke a string, which slapped her in the face." God I hope that's a euphemism.

Ok, I've played guitar for nearly 6 years now and I've not once had a string break on me while playing. I say YDI for playing the guitar in a way that breaks strings. Oh, I'd also recommend changing them once a month.

well your just a dick then all the great guitarists will have strings break on them i have a vid of jack white having half of his strings brake in the middle of a song but then carry on regardless

Do what I do, record the song first. Then play it for her. Chances are you can make it better quality, you won't mess up, and you can actually give it to her to listen to whenever. As far as I know, MP3s can't potentially blind a gal.

pinkducttape 0

#36 dymmeh - you show someone a song by having the string break and hit them in the face apparently. anyways - i think it was a sweet gesture - bad timing for your string to break - but hey best intention right?

Lol yeah dude i agree with #1 She must have had her face right up against the guitar for it to hit her...

jesus how hard do you pluck the strings?