By Anonymous - 27/08/2014 03:19 - United States - Topeka

Today, a guy in my class was talking about himself. He started his story with, "When I was little, I was a ginger." I replied without thinking, "Is that why you got put up for adoption?" Him being adopted was the actual story he wanted to tell. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 119
You deserved it 47 060

Same thing different taste

Comments

So many judgemental people getting on their moral high horses. I refuse to believe ANY of you that say you've never said something you thought was funny/witty in the heat of the moment that ended up hurting somebody, when it was absolutely not your intention to do so. Adoption jokes like anything else don't always have to be offensive, it depends on the context they're used in and who you're around. So no, i don't believe OP is a dick, nor that they deserved it, because at some point it's a situation we all end up in, and giving benefit of the doubt to OP I'm sure they felt awful about it, or it wouldn't be on FML.

Congrats you made my day OP and probably the dude's hate list as well.

PoisonOrchid 21

The joke was a little off color, but still pretty damn funny. You still should probably learn not to blurt things like that out in class. You end up looking like an insensitive asshole. Sorry, OP!

At least he was chosen by his parents...

As a ginger I really want to vote YDI but at the same time you couldn't know, could you ? I'll show some mercy, I hope he did too ;)

VanessaNal 13
lennon_ 16

Why is being a ginger so bad? You deserved to look like an asshole maybe next time think before you speak.

You're an absolute f**king asshole. You've no idea what it's like to be adopted, so f**king think before you make pathetic jokes like that.