By ginkobiloba - 29/11/2016 11:01

Today, a door-to-door salesman came to my apartment. I was too lazy to change from my teddy bear print pajamas, fuzzy socks and pink slippers when opening the door to him. He took one look at me and asked, "Hello darling, are your mommy and daddy home?" I'm 22 and live here on my own. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 220
You deserved it 1 798

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't see how this is a problem...seems like a great way to avoid a sales pitch. Could be because it's happened to me before, and I've just gone with it. Blessings in disguise.

Comments

It may not be her height, but as implied, just her print pajamas that most would see as for kids or teens at the latest age. I realize that adults wear them too, but it doesn't necessarily mean a height thing. On the flip side, I am pretty short and even when I dress in formal clothing, makeup, etc I can get called "ma'am" or something for a teenager. It's a bit frustrating but I can't get too upset. People tend to go by average heights. For reference, I'm closing the gap to 30. but at least I have young features?

I'm 24 and I've been asked if I'm still in high school before (even though I'm 5'10"), so I understand? On one hand it's one of those "you'll be thankful for later" things, but it definitely doesn't help when you're trying to teach grown men and they think you can't even see an R rated movie by yourself

I'm short, 23, and I potentially would have gotten this reaction even if there wasn't so much fluffy pink pajama stuff going on. The baby-faced struggle.

#25 I definitely know the struggle of not being taken seriously because of young looks. But now that I'm in my mid thirties, having a younger than average face is starting to be a nice thing!

Are you short? I don't think he'd have said that if you were tall

Or maybe he was just being snide based on her choice of attire?

I'm 5'10" and I still get things like that happening all the time

myfuturelover 15

I'm 5'5 and a half 5'6 and people tell me I look twelve. They say the most I could pass for is 14. It's not always about height.

You should have just said no and then shut the door in his face.

This is, sadly, going to be me when I'm older. I can already tell.

I don't see how this is a problem...seems like a great way to avoid a sales pitch. Could be because it's happened to me before, and I've just gone with it. Blessings in disguise.

You missed the perfect opportunity to flirt with him and, if he reciprocated, create your very own homemade episode to To Catch A Predator! Next time, OP.

And I thought this was the set up to a dirty movie instead. We obviously have lived very different lives.

I try to leave my work at work and just relax on FML.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

What the hell is wrong with you? Since when does wearing teddy bear pajamas make someone mentally challenged? Even if you were kidding, that's just awful.

Tbh I thought he might erroneously have thought that too

I agree with #9 and #38. Yeah it may not be a nice thing to assume, but I could see with what he said and what you were wearing that he may have thought you were mentally challenged enough to still be living with your parents (maybe still mentally a small child?). That doesn't make it right, nor does it mean you can't wear what you want, it is just a possible reason for what he said.

But on the real who cares what a door to door salesman thinks? Sounds like you were cozy AF and that's a win in my book