Thanks, I'm cured

By Anonymous - 21/10/2009 22:35 - United States

Today, I went to my academic counselor to help me deal with my stress and anxiety, which has been making me nauseous from the constant strain. She suggested exercise to help these feelings. Every time I do so, I vomit. From the anxiety and stress. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 090
You deserved it 5 438

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you absolutely MUST speak to a proper therapist. from the sounds of things your anxiety and worries have gone beyond the point of your academic counsellor being able to help. get help, and pronto.

fringle 0

there sure do seem to be a lot of fmls about throwing up lately.

Comments

SxyJenQT 0

Wow pretty funny! Anywayz I'm bored lol if anyone wants to chat I'm on y!h00 name IsabelSekezy xoxo Jen

shttfukep 0

please, keep crying. I want to hear more. WAHH I HAVE "STRESS" WAHHH I HAVE "ANXIETY" news flash, no one cares. this is probably one of the stupidest fmls I've seen in a while

jeez. I feel ya on the stress. I tried joining a frat and was so horrified about the hazing I was almost as bad as you. but dude, call a psychiatrist. they can help.

Yoga. It's a soft way of dealing with stress I find, and doesn't make me feel like barfing like harder types of exercise does.

I had the exact same problem for the past few years, and when it got to the point where I was throwing up at the slightest anxiety I gave in and made an appointment with a psychiatrist. They put me on effexor xr and it has been a life saver. Since I went on it I haven't thrown up once. So if you see one maybe they could put you on something similar, or at the very least they would be more understanding of what you are going through.

roosterman187 0

I weep for my generation. Your academic advisor is an "academic" "advisor." Does it say "trained therapist" or "psychologist" in there? No? Maybe, if you're actually having a problem and not just a spoiled child, you should seek one out. Don't bitch about how you can't pay for it, either; try hard enough and you can get the gov't to pay for anything whether you actually need it or not. The exercise makes you vomit because you are doing it too hard or something is wrong with you and, once again, you should see a trained professional rather than your academic advisor. Also, get over yourself.

Improbability 0

Exercising is a proven stress reliever, so don't go blaming your advisor, like he gave you bad advice. It's excellent advice. if it's making you vomit, there's probably something wrong physically, or your doing something wrong with the exercise, or you have a more severe issue. All of these should be addressed by a Doctor. Anxiety has several treatment methods.

WTF is wrong with people? Get yourself checked into a mental institution and never come back.

That's just plain cruel. There's no reason to act like that. OP can't help it, she actually has a condition. I have a mild case of that and it's a real burden to live with, I can't imagine having it as bad as OP. You should be ashamed.

It's good advice. Your body simply can't take it or isn't properly adjusted to it. Ask for other recommendations. Also, since you're a student, you should realize that it's highly unlikely that there aren't other people with problems similar to yours who have gone on to have successful educations, so it's not like your life is summarily more stressed than that of other students. Hell, I'd be willing to bet that there are others who are far worse off. If you can't take comfort than that, then you should be trying to figure out a schedule that's less of a burden and that will curb your anxieties. Your path could stand to be more green, but only if you're willing to put the mental effort into getting there. You only possess what you've made for yourself.