By Anonymous - 23/04/2012 09:51 - United States

Today, due to nervousness, I threw up while proposing to my girlfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 250
You deserved it 3 798

Same thing different taste

Comments

Agreed. Or maybe "I spilled pretty colors for you!"

28 Actually I prefer the word poo over vomit.

"If you spew and she says yes, it's meant to be. If you spew and she leaves, it wasn't."

Donat96 20

That will be an interesting story to share with the in-laws, OP.

Speaking of word vomit, OP should have played it off and spelled "Will you marry me?", into the vomit. That way she would have realized you spilled your guts out to her

He was literally overflowing with love for his girlfriend.

linkinpark98 23

What OP couldnt expressed by word, his brain/heart said it for him.

When u are nervous the heart beats faster and that causes the mean arterial pressure to increase. Thus this sends signal to the chemoreceptor in the brain and that triggers stimulation of different receptor to help decrease mean arterial pressure. And one of the effect of this stimulation is vomiting. So i stand by wat i said.

Maybe having a green a yellow wedding dress is more stylish than white?

ahaha he's darwin-****** wonder how his dad managed... maybe the nervousness does not run in the genes

All i meant to say was Op put his heart out for her and i think it was amazing. I just backed up my sentence by few scientific facts.

54 - How is he Darwin-******? He got so nervous he got sick it comes from stress. There's nothing that makes him stupid. 55 - We get it, stop now.

I would guess she did say yes cuz I doubt op would be writing his fml about him vomiting instead of his girlfriend saying no. . . But who knows

72 I agree. He probably would have included that she also said no at the end of the post if it had happened. Or perhaps he played it off like he wasn't proposing that time an tried again later. Just an idea.

38/55 - increasing heart rate does not trigger chemoreceptors. Chemoreceptors are triggered by chemical changes, hence the name, "chemo." An example of a chemoreceptor being used as a receptor is change in oxygen levels, carbon dioxide, pH, etc. While you were right that increasing heart rate does increase the arterial mean pressure, this mostly triggers baroreceptors, located at different vessels around the body to recognize increase of pressure. When blood pressure increases, the arterial walls are stretched and the baroreceptors send signals to the CNS (spinal cord AND brain, without a spinal cord, the brain would be useless). No need to act like a smartass on FML, this isn't a science class. Go back to school and learn your "scientific facts" right before you come here and try to show off with it.

Who said he got it from Wikipedia? Jealous dumb-****.

jasmine1259 2

79- haha wow, u mad? But seriously, that was a bit of an overreaction.

77 - No, but taking sciences at a University level is :). Isn't jealousy a disease? Or so it seems to be acting like one, with all the side effects that come with it ;).

No, i'm not mad. But people who accuse other people getting their information from Wikipedia are usually idiots who aren't knowledgeable to come up with info of their own.

Damn A-TEEN, you're pretty insecure.

Learning on FML?! What is this? Too sick to go to school today, I don't want to learn anything!

Woah, guys, calm down! Everyone needs to hug it out, The A Teen is usually pretty nice. Don't forget it's just the Internet!

Awww who needs a hug!!! *hugs all her FML lovies and also passes out cookies*

76 When the heart beats faster more blood is pumped out, oxygen enriched blood, this increasing oxygen levels and contradicting everything you wasted typing. So there is no reason to be a smartass on FML

NiecyLuv365 1

I wanna know too, did she say yes.

121, I liked ur comment just because ur from Ireland ;)

Nothing like a bit of vomit to show your love.

Ur love for her is like vomit, u can't hold it in!

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach, they say...

Yeah.Its still shit tonnes better then what happened to me today. OP your girlfriend will understand and you'll both laugh at it later.

Hopefully she understands and will laugh about it later :)

NOONE mentioned Stan Marsh, from South Park yet?!

Marcella1016 31

4 that's how you know she really loves you :P

BunBunBabe 8

Doesn't that mean its true love? Swore if you vommited during a proposal it was good luck, maybe not. Hope she said yes and helped you feel better!

omgcookeys 15

Nothing says love like a pool of partially digested food and bile. At least your proposal will be memorable. I hope she still said yes!

To such a brilliant display of affection and vomit, how could she say no?

It'll be a story to tell your grandkids!

At least she's never gonna forget your proposal.

At least you love her and your heart's in the right place and if she supported you then shes a keeper.