Supportive

By Schmolly - 13/10/2009 05:01 - United States

Today, I had a mental breakdown. Many things have been going completely wrong in my life, and I finally decided to let my boyfriend know about it. After about an hour of explaining and pouring my heart out, his response was, "I think we were better off as friends." FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 324
You deserved it 5 507

Same thing different taste

Top comments

IndigoKitty 3

wow, FYL. but to all the guys who say she deserves it and guys do't care...you are ****** lousy boyfriends. Its equal to something like your mother dying and you being really upset and your girlfriend saying "get over it, pussy". Grow up.

A mental Breakdown? Lulz... Time for someone to look up a few terms I think. You mean a nervous breakdown? Or you just got upset? Because if you had a mental breakdown, you'd be carted off to a mental hospital for failure to function adequately. Shame your boyfriend's a douche, you'll probably be better off without him.

Comments

**** him hey i'll listen to your problems..umm after our clothes are on the floor xp hehh

cadillacgal79 32

Can you be more insensitive?

IndigoKitty 3

wow, FYL. but to all the guys who say she deserves it and guys do't care...you are ****** lousy boyfriends. Its equal to something like your mother dying and you being really upset and your girlfriend saying "get over it, pussy". Grow up.

Also go around killing any murderers in your city. He's such a great role model.

I suspect there was more leading up to him saying this because if it was just he was tired of having to listen to you moaning about everything thats going wrong in your life then being your friends he would still have to listen to that shit (though admittedly not as much and as a friend he wouldn't have to be as supportive about it). But I'm going to take a pot shot that either your moaning is something of a regular occurance and as such has given him a serious case of Mr Floppy or you just don't put out (probably again because your stuck in your own little world of despair and gloom). Learn to lighten up and see the bright side of life.. when life hands you lemons then find some tequila!

I really doubt the always complaining part, since she said she "FINALLY decided" to let her boyfriend know abour everything thta's going wrong in her life...that means it was the first time she poured out her heart to him like that.

Perhaps yes this is the first time she has poured out her heart like that, but thats not to say she hasn't complained about other things before in smaller bite sized chunks. Also generally if people are unhappy with their situations then they are moody, gloomy and generally not much fun to be around which again may have contributed to him having enough.

Veritas143 0

Honestly It's hard to have sympathy for that..too many people have a "mental breakdown" because they stress themselves out and they over think things..I never really hear about a starving girl in africa having a "mental breakdown", and if their life is so much worse than yours what do you really have to complain about?

chalkrocks 0

That's probably because mental breakdowns aren't really news-worthy, and (I'm just assuming, because your profile says Winston-Salem) you probably don't know very many people in Africa. I bet it happens.

Veritas143 0

My point is for a lot of people the gap between how bad your life really is and how bad your life actually is, is usually a large and I know enough people who completely lost sight of how good their life really is. That's all I'm trying to say I'm not suggesting nobody has a right to have a mental breakdown or Anything.

schnoodles 0

But you have no idea how bad her life is. She may very well have had an hours worth of crap to rant about. You have no right to judge her if you don't know how bad her situation is.

Let this be a lesson to all you women out there - Keep your feelings bottled up inside or your loved ones may leave you. What else is there to gain from this story?

tiokotomia 0

Correction: If you keep your feelings bottled up and pour them on your love, they'll leave you. Solution: Pour them somewhere else.

Having a nervous breakdown does not make you psychotic. Life throws a lot of shit at you, and sometimes you just need someone to listen and support you. It's totally fair to think your boyfriend would do that, but unfortunately he's an insensitive douche who only stays around for good times. FYL, and pick a better guy next time.

Heres some advice to the op, don't pay a psychiatrist, just buy a cheap gigolo, they want your money so they'll listen to your shit, as for relatives and friends, they really don't care.

YDI for freaking out your BF, not to mention the fact that you would appear to be acting very self-absorbed. Even though you haven't provided the specifics, you would appear to not be starving for your next meal (or else I doubt that you would be spending your time on FML) nor lying down half-dead in a ditch somewhere, so be thankful that you at least have something. Unless you have something specific to gripe about - preferably something that actually is an FML or is at the very least funny - I suggest you groan elsewhere.

schnoodles 0

Yes, but th fact that she has Internet access does not mean her life isn't legitimately messed up.

How does OP deserve it for having a bad day? Jeez