Sucks to suck

By youfuckingdumbassmum - 27/12/2012 23:20 - United Kingdom - Cambridge

Today, I was texting my mother after my boyfriend broke off our relationship. She offered incredibly supportive replies such as "No, really?" and "Aww, that sucks." before apparently getting bored and claiming she had to go because her "text reception" was breaking up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 705
You deserved it 4 889

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DontModMeDammit 10

Just wondering, but could it be that you go through a lot of boyfriends and that is why she reacted the way she did? Just a thought.

Comments

Hey, she tried at least. It's hard enough being supportive over text, and maybe she didn't even have faith in the relationship. Don't know all the context, so I can't say for sure, but maybe you should stop having a pity party for yourself when she already tried to be somewhat supportive.

You kinda deserved it for keeping on with the texts after she gave such simple and uninterested responses. Sucks to not find support on your own mom, too.

perdix 29

Point your mom to FML, where she'll learn the classics like: Aw, I'll be your friend. Aw, I'm sorry. You deserve better. YOLO. In Soviet Russia, you dump boyfriend. *lowers sunglasses* With these, your mom will answer enough times that you'll think she gives a shit.

Well what did you expect her to say? You were texting her. If you have to send her a monologue in over 50 pages of 3-sentence texts about how your boyfriend broke up with you and it's the end of the world, don't expect intelligent responses. She can't to anything to fix it, only be there for you, which she can't be if you're not even seeing or hearing her. And maybe she was in a bad service area. It happens all the time to me, I don't see why that wouldn't be plausible.

Aww I'm sorry. You should try calling next time though it's more personal

Aww I'm sorry. Just saying you should call next time. Its more personal and you can get actual answers.

U never know maybe her text reception really was breaking up

Exactly! Sometimes my phone wont send or receive txts if I'm in a crappy service area. If it's bothering you this much, talk about it with her...NICELY!

Hey, some....my tex....cepti....can....bad. Just saying.

Dump her. You can find a much better mom, op. Wait, these comments don't apply here?