Sucks to suck

By youfuckingdumbassmum - 27/12/2012 23:20 - United Kingdom - Cambridge

Today, I was texting my mother after my boyfriend broke off our relationship. She offered incredibly supportive replies such as "No, really?" and "Aww, that sucks." before apparently getting bored and claiming she had to go because her "text reception" was breaking up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 705
You deserved it 4 889

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DontModMeDammit 10

Just wondering, but could it be that you go through a lot of boyfriends and that is why she reacted the way she did? Just a thought.

Comments

emybear_fml 5

awww op! that sucks but u should see her in person next time. that way she cant say theres trouble with signal

Obey_StudBoii 23

I have no respect for you calling your mother such names. Be happy she was there to listen.

Why mothers always force you to listen to their complaints and abandon you when you've got a problem and need support ?

Twisted_Angel 17

my guess would be that she didn't like your boyfriend. which means your relationship ending, wasn't a sad event to her. it sucks, but maybe it's for the best.

By "text reception" do you mean her " give a **** "? I bet that you were being to overboard with the drama for texting.

Lena234 8

sorry op, must be tough;( im suprised thst she didnt fake a more realistic situation though like saying she was driving or using the potty or somthing..

Maybe she's a little technologically challenged and thought cell phone reception was text reception. Don 't lose faith in your mother yet, OP.

Maybe she's like that because you call her a ******* dumbass.

Fyl for having an insensitiveother but "text reception is bad" is hilarious!

Perhaps your mom was busy and couldn't have a long, drawn-out text convo with you about your breakup. That said, she could have suggested you call her to talk about it or get together (if you live in the same city) rather than sending bland responses and a lame excuse for ending the text conversation. And change your screen name, you disrespectful brat.